Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Unity wants to better understand your needs for render pipelines (Survey)

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by rossb_unity, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossb_unity

rossb_unity

Unity Technologies

We are looking to better understand your experiences and needs with rendering pipelines. Your response will help us make key decisions on future offerings related to render pipelines. This survey has taken an average of 20 minutes for users to complete.

This survey is also on Unity Pulse. Sign up and get rewards for participating in research. This particular survey will not go out through Pulse until next week.

If you would rather not sign up for Unity Pulse, here is the direct link to the survey

Survey Link

Thank you again for your help directing future features of Unity!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  2. JesOb

JesOb

Additionally forgot to mention is that URP Lit shader took 600 MB in runtime without any way to understand why, URP Stripper can not strip it own shaders

laurentlavigne and rossb_unity like this.
  3. Kleptine

Kleptine

FYI, none of the Unity surveys have a "Technical Director" role. The closest is Programmer, which really isn't the same.

laurentlavigne likes this.
  4. transat

transat

Why use the URP Lit Shader when Jason Booth's Better Lit Shader offers the cross-RP future-proofing we've been asking for for years? Why Unity hasn't bought out all of his assets and given him a job yet is truely baffling.

5. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

I feel like the quality of Unity Editor as a whole has decreased. It gets buggier with each update. I spend over 30min to an hour a day starring at a progress bar, or recovering from a crash (which happens at least twice a day).

I have been trying to build now for the last 4 days and please tell me why there are 120K+ shader varients compiling?

https://forum.unity.com/threads/urp-120k-shader-varients.1165595/

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Since URP release, I am constantly trying to solve a million issues going from one unity and URP version to another, the only real need is to stop breaking the previous work with every new release. And stop releasing versions without any testing whatsoever.

Thanks

7. Lehawk00

Lehawk00

It would be nice if there was a way to include the URP Lit shader in the ShaderGraph, so we could modify the inputs on a per-pixel level (either by having a Lit shadergraph to modify or add it like a function on the graph). An example would be to add a tint mask so we can tint 3-4 colors based on a mask and even have toggles for it to apply to the emissive color as well.

Currently, we had to copy the URP code (due to internal classes) and add the feature manually in the shader code.

Ruchir likes this.
  8. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

^^^ here is your survey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.