Search Unity

Unity Vuforia - object not moving along with the image target

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by boutifarre, Feb 7, 2018.

1. boutifarre

boutifarre

Hi all,
    I have a really simple scene with an AR camera parent of an image target parent of a object (free barbarian 3D model available on the asset store). When I play the scene, I put my printed target in front of the webcam and the 3d object (the barbarian) is appearing in the center of the screen but it doesn't move along with the target when I move it. In the unity editor when I move the image target, the barbarian is also moving. I thought my webcam was too bad but I've build the project and installed the apk on my cell phone and the problem is still the same. I also checked with 3 different images as targets...
    Any help would be appreciated here :)

danielpmo likes this.
  2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @boutifarre

If you have the Image Target as a child of the ARCamera and have the World Center Mode (set on the ARCamera) set to First Target, you will encounter this behaviour. I'd recommend either switching the World Center Mode to camera (making the ARCamera 0,0,0 instead of the first target) or making your Image Target not be a child object of the ARCamera.

Thanks

danielpmo likes this.
  3. danielpmo

danielpmo

Thanks!! First time experiencing with Vuforia AND Unity! Great to have some support out here.

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  4. AkiraDennis

AkiraDennis

I have a problem with my VR AR project who has Vuforia enable in it scene. When i disable vuforia, I can move my VR camera without any problem. but when i enable it. it just do nothing. my goal is using markers for my object position controller in VR environment. I'm using GoogleVR SDK btw. Please help me with this problem.

5. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

The Google Cardboard VR SDK has known issues with Vuforia in 7 and is being deprecated. Please use Vuforia VR SDK in its place.

AkiraDennis likes this.
  6. AkiraDennis

AkiraDennis

Thanks, that's really help. I edit the setting in VuforiaConfig file and change the Device type into Mobile+ viewer and Viewer config to cardboard.