Search Unity

Unity/Vuforia Cloud Reco example not working in Unity 2018

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by RiverThomas, Feb 5, 2018.

1. RiverThomas

RiverThomas

After updating my project from Unity 2017.1.1.f1 to Unity 2018.1.0b4, the Cloud Reco example scene doesn't work anymore. I have narrowed down the error to the following line in the CloudRecoEventHandler script:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ImageTargetBehaviour imageTargetBehaviour = m_ObjectTracker.TargetFinder.EnableTracking(targetSearchResult, m_ImageTargetTemplate.gameObject) as ImageTargetBehaviour;
    The error I'm getting is an "object reference not set to instance of object", however m_ObjectTracker, targetSearchResult, and m_ImageTargetTemplate all return a value when I Debug.Log them. I'm building to Android (specifically to a Razer Phone with Android 7.1.1). The result is that the AR object does get spawned, but it's stuck to the camera instead of being attached to the marker.

Anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it?

garysiu likes this.
  2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @RiverThomas

Would you be able to move to 2017.3 instead? 2018.1 is currently a beta and may encounter issues. Could you test this in Untiy 2017.3 (preferably patch 4 for the latest Vuforia) and let me know if you see the issue there?

Thanks

3. garysiu

garysiu

Untiy 2017.3 patch 4 & latest Vuforia is the same problem