Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

UNITY / VUFORIA - AR NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'AR' started by unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A, Aug 11, 2018 at 6:35 PM.

1. unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A

unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A

I upgraded to UNITY 2018.2.2f1 as well as VUFORIA 7.2.24 and since then I cannot get any AR to work. I was successful with the previous versions of Unity and Vuforia. I have a simple letter "Z" target image with a Trump low poly model. I have created and inserted a Vuforia license key with the associated "Z" target manager database. I followed the identical steps that I did for my previous AR project using this tutorial (
    ). I noticed the automatically loaded databases change that Vuforia has implemented. I have my database loaded and Image target activated and loaded under the ImageTarget Inspector options. Previously I was able to test using my webcam BUT this time nothing happens when I try test using the Webcam. I also did a "Build & Run" onto my android device and that too didn't work. I'm really at a loss.

Attached Files:

2. unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A

unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A

.....or if someone has an updated tutorial for the new Unity and New Vuforia, that might help as well.

3. unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A

unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A

My step-by-step methodology:-

1) Open Unity - start new project
    2) Delete main camera
    3) Create Vuforia AR camera
    4) Create Vuforia Image Target
    5) Go to File/Build Settings - switch platform to android and setup android settings. Also tick on Vuforia under XR settings
    6) Login to Vuforia online - create Development key
    7) In Unity - select AR Camera and open Vurofia configuration settings and copy and paste development key from Vuforia website
    8) back to Vuforia website - Create Target and upload target image. Download the package into Unity.
    9) in Unity - select ImageTarget. Check that the correct database is selected and that the image target is selected.
    10) Drag whatever mesh is being used onto the ImageTarget as a child.
    11) PREVIOUSLY - I was able to click play and hold my printed image target in front of my webcam and see the mesh in AR on my PC screen. This doesn't happen anymore. Building to android device also doesn't work.

Is there something new I'm suppose to check / switch on or off?

4. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @unity_4x5Fh6ewd-m_8A,

Thanks for the report. I attempted to replicate the issue as follows:
    1. Downloaded Unity 2018.2.2f1
    2. Enabled Vuforia in XR settings
    3. Upgraded to Vuforia 7.2.24 via installer
    4. Imported Vuforia Core Samples from the Asset Store
    5. Placed "3-ImageTargets" scene in the heirarchy - deleted all other scenes
    6. Verified "Fissure" target can be detected in PlayMode
    7. Inserted Developer License in ARCamera Inspector
    8. Created new device database on Vuforia Developer Portal
    9. Imported device database into Unity Editor
    10. Updated "ImageTarget_Astronaut" prefab with newly imported database
    11. Verified that new target could be detected in PlayMode
    12. Deleted all other scenes from build (except 3-ImageTargets)
    13. Build and deployed to device
    14. Verified that new target could be detected on device
    Basically, I was not able to find any issue with the above workflow.

I followed this up by following your workflow (more of less, just not in the same exact order) and also was not able to see any issue. I was able to run in PlayMode and detect the new target.

A few things to try:
    • Use a better target, something other than the letter "Z"? We don't recommend using printed characters as 2D planar targets
    • Check your clipping plane settings in the ARCamera inspector. Mine is set to Near=0.05, Far=2000
    Thanks,
    Vuforia Support