Search Unity

Unity voice recognition- does it exist?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Konyo, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Konyo

Konyo

Since it's my first post - Hello to all beginning gamedevs :)

Let's get to the point.

I want to create a game which main mechanic is voice recognition similar to Google Talk.
    Players would have to say the word which appears on the screen, and the game is to check if it's correct, then execute the proper command. I plan to create it on android.

Does Unity provide such features? Or should I start to learn c++ and go back to Unreal?

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Konyo likes this.
  3. sydevans

sydevans

My startup ispikit creates voice recognition and assessment sdk plugins for unity3d. Everything from command and control to dialog based games are now possible. Our system is small but powerful. It runs internet independent on device. It is accurate and easy to implement. Our voice assessment capabilities make voice enabled English learning experiences. We also offer feature extraction to visualize volume, speed, waveform and pitch. For mobile and web platforms. Soon we will offer a system for VR headsets!

We are currently looking for indie game makers to partner with to make amazing voice. enabled experiences. If you interest check out our website. www.ispikit.com or email me: sydney@ispikit.com

4. jhocking

jhocking

Android actually has speech recognition built in: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/speech/SpeechRecognizer.html

Now actually using that functionality within Unity could be tricky for someone new to Unity, but you can write plugins that communicate between Unity and Android services.

EDIT: I'd probably just buy the first asset ryiah linked and then call it a day. This is probably what they're doing anyway: a plugin that uses Android's built-in speech recognition. Assuming it works well, $10 is well worth it.

5. sydevans

sydevans

Thanks for the reply. Actually we have already created a plugin that for iOS. This plugin also includes speech assessment for language learning. we are looking for teams interested in enabling their games with voice tech.

6. crafTDev

crafTDev

Hello,

I just found this while continually looking for speech recognition for use in Unity3D. I would like to know what the licensing is for this because it looks cool. Is it open source?

Thanks,
    jrDev

7. ARUnityAccount

ARUnityAccount

Google search for voice recognition toolkit or something along those lines. Then Assets, Import Package, Custom.