Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity Video Player keeps making my app crash

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by dprz, Oct 28, 2023.

1. dprz

dprz

Im building an AR application on android using Unity 2022.3.11f1 LTS and Vuforia 10.18. Google Pixel 3XL.

I have 10 image target on each scene and on each image target, there is a video player.
    Each video player will play different videos. But it does not run simultaneously.
    It will only play the video if the image target has been scanned.

The app crash when video is played, if not crash on the first video, it it will crash on the second video.

To reproduce :-

Import the unitypackage and the vuforia database image target. Scan the marker, and press the play video button. The video will play choppy noise and crash.

I encoded the video using handbrake with the settings :-

VeryFast 720p30 with additional adjustment to the audio (128 Bitrate and 48000 Samplerate)

I also transcoded all the video to :-

Half Res, H264, Bitrate Mode Low, Spatial Quality High

I use different render texture for each video.

Please tell me where Im going wrong with this, I did everything I could. But its lagging and crashing as if my video is 600MB.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GV9DMGsjgrhiqKOmEjRfzyd_TjymN59n?usp=sharing

Eveything is in the Gdrive. Please let me know if you need any information.

Thank you!

2. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Can you share the log and the crash dump with the crash? Can you check the profiler? I would also recommend opening a bug report if you haven't done it yet.

3. VladVlados

VladVlados

Any changes or ideas? We have same problem in AR project , in 2021.3f all is good , but after switch to 2022.3f version more lags and ploblems with video player

4. QualarWizard

QualarWizard

I also have the same problem on 2022.3.16f1. Videos work fine in the editor but crash when running on the Meta Quest.