Search Unity

Video Unity Video Player HLS Support

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by LargoSama, Nov 11, 2018.

1. LargoSama

LargoSama

Hello!

I've been developing an Android and iOS app that allows streaming video using Unity's Video Player. Currently, it is set up and working streaming .mp4 files from my database, but I wanted to look into support for HLS streaming.

It doesn't look like Unity's Video Player supports this as of right now, though I've seen demand for this and posts saying Unity is working on it as far back as early-mid 2017.

Does anyone have any ideas for getting HLS to work with Unity's Video Player? I know there are other packages on the asset store, but I'd like to stick with the Video Player if possible.

Thanks for the help!

svfxanimationstudio likes this.
  2. TechnicalArtist

TechnicalArtist

3. LoftySky

LoftySky

4. xLeo

xLeo

bump

5. khamzah22

khamzah22

6. Jaklans

Jaklans

This is definitely a first google result, but it is a payed service that you need to contact the devs to get a quote. Do you know the cost?

Also, for a first party or free solution, bump

7. The_Island

The_Island

Unity Technologies

Live Streaming is still under consideration. We are working on foundation work right now but we are eager to work on this at one point. For this kind of feature request, I highly recommend voting on the card on the roadmap. https://unity.com/roadmap/unity-platform/audio-video

8. HECer

HECer

bump, need it! HLS, HLSR and Dash support

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    mgear likes this.