Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity versions 2017.4.34f1 (LTS) and 2018.4.12f1 (LTS) not available on Cloud Build

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by smithmj5, Nov 5, 2019.

1. smithmj5

smithmj5

Unity 2017.4.34f1 and 2018.4.12f1 were recently released but are not available on Unity Cloud Build.

Is there an ETA on when they might be added?

Thanks!

2. victorw

victorw

Thanks for mentioning this, I'll check on the status of these and get them into testing ASAP.

3. smithmj5

smithmj5

Thanks Victor! :)

4. victorw

victorw

Just a heads-up that we're actively working on this but unexpectedly both versions seem to have bugs introduced in UCB - this is quite surprising and not at all typical for an LTS release but we're hoping to get this worked through soon.

2018.4.12f1 seems like it's probably not too far off and might be a bug which people can ignore safely enough but 2017.4.34f1 looks like it could be nastier.

5. smithmj5

smithmj5

@victorw
    Thanks for the update. I'm a bit concerned about the comments regarding 2017.4.34f1 - are the issues just in UCB, or are they issues with the editor in general? I'm using that version currently, but haven't released an update for my game with it yet...should I be reverting back to 2017.4.33f1?

6. victorw

victorw

Good question but no, you're probably safe to upgrade. UCB relies on a lot of specific aspects of the Editor which most customers don't typically need and we also provide service for a lot of customers which means that we also have to ensure that our product can serve those customers' requirements. It's relatively rare for an issue in UCB to mean that there will be an issue for regular customers and I would have raised this with release management if things were looking that serious.

(Unless you are also running an enterprise build farm, in which case yes you could get into trouble for the same reasons UCB gets into trouble)

smithmj5 likes this.
  7. smithmj5

smithmj5

Many thanks for the informative and quick response! And no, definitely not running an enterprise build farm. :)

8. Trivium_Dev

Trivium_Dev

Any ETA on when 2018.4.12 will be ready in UCB? We're about to kick off a few projects and I like to use the latest LTS version available (which is 2018.4.12) but with it not being available in UCB it messes with our workflow (since we do all our builds through UCB). Thanks!

9. victorw

victorw

I just released 2018.4.12 but I haven't updated the "Latest 2018" targets to match as I want to gather more data before rolling customers over. It does seem like the error we were encountering is extremely rare and unlikely to affect customers. In the end, tracking down the specific cause seemed to be too difficult to justify considering the very low risk of actual customer issues. I'm still going to be watching closely though - please let me know if you encounter any issues.