Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Version

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Claytonious, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Claytonious

Claytonious

The *only* reason I'm not trying out the experimental Linux build right now is because we're already on 5.2f2 on our projects. Otherwise, I would be all over this. Just don't want to the folks who worked hard on this at Unity to think a smaller install base necessarily indicates lack of interest! We're *very* interested and this is awesome to see! We just need it to be 5.2 once that comes out of beta, hopefully?

2. thegigaraptor

thegigaraptor

Jumping on the hype wagon. I'm excited to start using unity! I tried setting it up with wine but failed :[

3. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

I remember hearing that ONE particular openSUSE distro was really good with that, might be worth a try if you haven't already. :)

4. thegigaraptor

thegigaraptor

Thanks for that @FuzzyQuills , but I'm gonna try to use this out for now. Hoping to find bugs and report them for the cause.

hippocoder likes this.
  5. Tak

Tak

Yes, we plan to integrate newer Unity versions as they become final and time permits. We're on a separate development branch from Unity mainline right now, however, so there is a very real cost to integration/tracking down regressions/etc.