Search Unity

Unity Version 2019.4.8f1 won't let me create a new project, or uninstall it.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Crunchy_Bytes, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Crunchy_Bytes

Crunchy_Bytes

Downloaded Unity Version 2019.4.8f1 to Unity Hub 2.4.2 from the following link: unityhub://2019.4.8f1/60781d942082.

Whilst it was finishing its installation, my computer froze, and I was forced to hard reset it.
    Once it rebooted, I tried to create a new project, only to find myself with a Unity Package Manage Error, stating:
    When selecting Diagnose, the emerging terminal window prompted me to contact Unity support at this forum, and attach the following file alongside an accompanying log that Windows won't allow me to upload.

When I tried to access the aforementioned Package Manager at C:/Program Files/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.4.8f1/Editor/Data/Resources/PackageManager/Server, I was met with the fact that the /Server directory did not exist, and neither did the Uninstall.exe next to this version's Unity.exe.

Attached Files:

2. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello, sorry to see you are having this problem. It seems that you have an incomplete Unity installation as you are missing (at least) UnityPackageManager application. It could also be the result of the action of an antivirus or any external software removing/quarantining UnityPackageManager application.

In any case, this should be solved by reinstalling Unity through the Hub. Make sure you don't quit the application while installing through the hub and the installation completes successfully.