Search Unity

Unity Vehicle Tools model usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Am I allowed to use the vehicle models + Example track for demonstration purposes in my network asset example? I'm asking this because the project has an apache 2.0 license on it.
    Thanks in advance!

2. peteorstrike

peteorstrike

Unity Technologies

I don't have the package here to dig into but at a guess the apache license file is probably just for the supplied font (check if it's in the fonts folder).

You're free to do whatever you want with the rest of the assets, though; the EULA usually just stipulates that you don't resell them just as assets but other than that, you can use them as you wish!

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes the license is in the fonts folder so my guess its indeed just for the font used. Anyhow thanks for clearing this out for me!

4. neginfinity

neginfinity

Actually this doesn't match information received from other sources:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/standard-asset-on-github.447176/

5. peteorstrike

peteorstrike

Unity Technologies

Hm, it does indeed look like the EULA has some slightly stronger legalese than when I last looked at it..

We'll see if we can get some clarification on whether we can add some Creative Commons-style licenses to our official asset store packages so that the "unless otherwise permitted" part of the EULA is covered but, for what it's worth, I'd consider anything from the official Unity account to be fair game for any uses you might have bar rehosting on another store or being resold.

thewholebag likes this.
  6. neginfinity

neginfinity

That would be great. I have some dead projects on my hdd I'd love to upload to github/bitbucket, except that they include standard assets.

7. Diezombie97

Diezombie97