Search Unity

Unity UWP build fails in visual studio

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Astrobyte_, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Astrobyte_

Astrobyte_

I am currently trying to build my game for xbox one, using UWP build module. The app export succeeds, but when attempting to build for a remote or local machine in VS 2017, the build fails with the following error.

Error The command ""C:\Users\USERNAME\Unity Game Builds\GAMENAME\Builds\XboxBuilds\Trial8\Unity\Tools\AssemblyConverter.exe" -platform=uap -bits=64 -configuration=Release -removeDebuggableAttribute=False -uwpsdk=10.0.17134.0 -path="." -path="C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2018.2.8f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\Players\UAP\dotnet\x64\Release" -workingDir="C:\Users\USERNAME\Unity Game Builds\GAMENAME\Builds\XboxBuilds\Trial8\GAMENAME\\" "@C:\Users\USERNAME\Unity Game Builds\GAMENAME\Builds\XboxBuilds\Trial8\GAMENAME\AssemblyConverterArgs.txt"" exited with code 1. GAMENAME C:\Users\USERNAME\Unity Game Builds\GAMENAME\Builds\XboxBuilds\Trial8\GAMENAME\GAMENAME.csproj 509

(I replaced my name with ''USERNAME" and the project name with "GAMENAME")
    I'm on unity version 2018.2.8.f1 and the latest version of VS. Here are my player settings:
    https://gyazo.com/42670a9165555e34814b996a30bb305d

Any help would be very appreciated. I'm just trying to test my game on my Xbox one. Thanks in advance to any replies.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

It's likely you have an incompatible with .NET scripting backend DLL in your project somewhere. Do you get any errors in the console when you build from Unity?

An easy fix would be to switch to IL2CPP scripting backend.