Search Unity

Unity UWP build crashes when establishing connection to Cloud SQL Database.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SeanS24, Aug 21, 2018.

1. SeanS24

SeanS24

Hi all.

I have a rather odd problem. I am using System.data.sqlclient.

I get to the part which tries to make a connection to an SQL Databae on the cloud I get this nullref error in Visual studio Community 2017.

Unity Version: 2018.1.9f1
    My scripting runtime version is: .NET 4.x Equivalent
    Scripting backend is: IL2CPP API Compatibility level is: .NET 4.x

I am using System.data.dll from .../2.0api this resides in my asset folder. Unity Editor works, I've also built a UWP app in visual studio and it works fine But the UWP build from Unity gives me the errors below when I try to connect to my cloud sql database.

Any input will be appreciated.

The errors are:
    nullrefOutput.PNG nullrefCallstack.PNG

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The assemblies from "xxx-api" folder are empty implementations, and each method does "throw null;". You want an assembly from 4.5 folder instead (if you're using .NET 4.x API compat level).

3. SeanS24

SeanS24

Hey Tautvydas,

Thanks for your reply. I have since done what you have said and it sorted the error above, the app isn't hanging or crashing however, I am not getting data from the SQL database on Azure Cloud, but thanks again.

However, I have another issue: I am guessing the issue lies around TLS support in 2018.1 and some searching it was sorted in 2018.2? devConsole.PNG newerrorTLS.PNG

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Yeah, TLS isn't functional until 2018.2 unless you use UnityWebRequest to make your web connections.