Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity users in Montreal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redz0ne, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

Hey there again. Life's path may be taking me to another city... La belle cité Montreal. as such since i want to make sure i hit the ground running, i was hoping to get to know some of the other users of Unity3D that are there. not to hit you all up for free work (unless you really want to... ;) ) but to build a network. i know some people there but i'm not sure if they're into Unity like we all are.

So, is there a Unity group in Montreal and do you (if you are there) have meet-ups or such?

2. Ntero

Ntero

I live in Montreal (work for EA Mobile).

There isn't so much a Unity group, but there is the Mount Royal Game Society that hosts all sorts of events and meetups for Game Developers of all kinds. There are Monthly meetups on the first Wednesday of the month with all sorts of showcases and beer. They are starting to ramp up more and more on actual events, and just last week hosted a Pecha Kucha night that had some really great presenters and topics.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/135987799795381/

3. cAyouMontreal

cAyouMontreal

Hi,
    If this thread is still available, I'm in Montreal, and an user of Unity3d :) I'll be glad to meet somebody that using Unity3d too in Montreal ;)

4. lamarjack

lamarjack

Hello everyone!

We are looking for a freelance programmer with extensive c# experience who is also knowledgeable in Unity. We are making a game for mobile and would love a hot shot to join our team. Must be based in Montreal. Thanks for your interest!

5. lamarjack

lamarjack

Hullo!

I have a small team making a kick ass mobile game in need of someone well-versed in C# and Unity. We're halfway through but need a new programmer to complete the awesome! Paid full time work for 3-6 months. PM me for more details!

6. lamarjack

lamarjack

Hey Redz0ne,

Wondering of you are looking for work? I have a game 3-months in and we require a new programmer for a full time paid position. If you're interested I can give you more details

7. tatoforever

tatoforever

I live in Montreal too. :rolleyes:

8. Razieln64

Razieln64

I do too. :)

9. AlexMtl

AlexMtl

me too! would love to meet fellow Unity3d Montrealers :) Also work at Ubisoft Montreal.

10. Fdudka

Fdudka

Hi fellow unity members!
    I'm curently developping an RTS game and i'm at the point where i can build units, building, move, attack, destroyer, economy, etc. Basicaly the game is more than Half way done.

I need help wity setting the animations of children objects. I already have the clips.

Anyone wants to jump In the project?

Thank you
    Fernando

11. Taz-dragon

Taz-dragon

Why... would you post this here?

12. Fdudka

Fdudka

Why not?

13. Taz-dragon

Taz-dragon

I'm pretty sure you want the Collaboration forum, this seems to be outdated. I suppose you would use this if you were looking for people to work with you in person in Montreal, but definitely check out Collaboration.