Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity Usage in CI environment

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by evilmonster19, Feb 10, 2021.

1. evilmonster19

evilmonster19

Hello. I have been trying to set up Unity for running in my CI pipelines through the command line (so the commands can be executed automatically and with no manual intervention). I had a couple of questions about the usage of Unity and some problems too that I was hoping could be shed some light on:
    1. Is Unity officially supported in Docker containers? This question goes for Linux, macOS, and Windows containers. I was asking to know whether I could use Docker images of Unity such as this one in my pipelines to run the necessary commands.
    2. Can I not use Unity Personal Edition from the command line? I am asking this because I tried to execute a command such as
      ./Unity -quit -batchmode -nographics -username whatever -password password123
      , which should log in to my account and grab my free personal edition license, but I kept getting an error about bad username or password, even though I am sure I put my credentials right. I even contacted Unity's support about this and they told me the problem was that even if I provided my account credentials correctly, I also needed to use the
      -serial
      flag in the commands to specify the serial key of my Unity license. However, the Unity Personal license has no serial key, only Pro and Plus do. As such, can I not use any Unity commands in batch mode using Unity's free license?

2. evilmonster19

evilmonster19

Anyone that can help out with this?