Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity updating the Javascript for bidirecitonal data flow

Discussion in 'Unity Render Streaming' started by AnthonyMDavis, Apr 16, 2021.

1. AnthonyMDavis

AnthonyMDavis

Unity Technologies

Hey Render Streaming folks!

I was wondering if anyone has successfully had Unity make a change to the front end. I feel like to get this to work, the webserver is going to have to serve up some angular / react / etc dynamic page framework to get this type of change from Unity data.

Does anyone else have any ideas? I've been diving into the code and haven't found the link back up to JS from Unity.

Just to be clear, I'm looking to just make a button in Unity that is being streamed that when I am clicking on it from the browser, I would then see a change in the JS on the front end. This could be anything, text change, color change on a anything.

Cheers,
    Anthony

2. liquify

liquify

Hi, have you found a way to do it?

I have two cameras, but only one should be active at a time. The web app sample comes with two video streams that cannot be hidden or deactivated dynamically.

Please see the picture below. I found that part in the web app code that receives an array from Unity app, but I don't know which script in the Unity app that sends the array:
    upload_2022-1-7_20-22-26.png