Search Unity

Bug Unity UI Package Project Breaking Problems

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by CBuckington, Nov 6, 2022.

1. CBuckington

CBuckington

Hey guys,

There are around 202 Errors shown in the Unity console. All of them are of the same kind and all are in the "Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\RuntimeUI\Core" path.

An example of those is the following:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\UI\Core\Button.cs(4,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'EventSystems' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Last time I worked on the project there were absolutely no errors. Upon starting the project the next day the errors appeared.

Here is a list of things I already tried:

• I reimported the Packages folder.
    • I deleted the whole Library folder and let it be recreated.
    • I reset the packages in the package manager to their defaults.
    • I created a new empty project with the same packages and package versions and it had no errors in it.
    • I downloaded all of my last git commit from github, which I pushed right before closing Unity last day, added and started it as a unity project, and it did not have any of the errors, only a very few amount of randomly missing prefabs but that's not the point here.

When I extend the Packages\UnityUi\Runtime folder in the Unity Editor the EventSystem and Properties folder are displayed as empty folders, even after reimporting. Trying to open them in the file browser doesnt work and only shows an error message stating that the folder might be corrupted or not able to be opened.

I attached the EditorLog if necessary.

I am really frustrated at this point so I hope someone can help me with that. :)

Beste regards!

Attached Files:

2. CBuckington

CBuckington

UPDATE*
    After opening the project today it got stuck trying to import the Runtime/Ui/Core folder for multiple minutes. After about 15ish minutes the project started and everything appeared to be just fine. There just were some missing Prefabs, that had scripts using UnityEngine.UI, again.

I do not know what happened or changed and I cannot reproduce the bug. All I did was close the project in a not working state yesterday and start it again today. Did anyone else experience the issue aswell?

Regards

3. Tomza

Tomza

hey,

I have this bug:

InvalidOperationException: You are trying to read Input using the UnityEngine.Input class, but you have switched active Input handling to Input System package in Player Settings.
    UnityEngine.Input.get_mousePosition () (at <5c58e879432d4bbc92c7a52441ed9480>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.MultipleDisplayUtilities.GetMousePositionRelativeToMainDisplayResolution () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/UI/Core/MultipleDisplayUtilities.cs:40)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseInput.get_mousePosition () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/InputModules/BaseInput.cs:75)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule.UpdateModule () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/InputModules/StandaloneInputModule.cs:178)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.TickModules () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:452)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem.Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:467)