Search Unity

Bug Unity UI only visible in the left eye with "Single Pass". HDRP. Oculus.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Seanmir, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Seanmir

Seanmir

Hello everyone,

I have recently switched my project to the HDRP pipeline and everything seems to be working fine, except the UI.
    I have world canvas in my project and when I use Single pass rendering in Oculus setting, UI is only visible on the left eye (similar to the image attached). It's working fine with the multi-pass.

I have updated to the latest unity version 2019.4 and the issue is still present.

Any idea what can cause this problem?
    The UI is a simple world canvas and some images/panels inside.

[This is how it looks like in VR]
    UI single pass issue.jpg
    [Using Single-pass]
    Oculus single pass.jpg

Thank you.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  2. a436t4ataf

a436t4ataf

This has been heavily documented in the forum already - pretty much the exact same thread title.

I'm not using SRP's (they don't work properly yet in Unity, generally), but it's a combination of: XR + Single-pass + SRP (HDRP) -- so search for HDRP + Single + Eye and you should find them immediately.

(I've just noticed this same thread in passing, repeatedly :))

3. Seanmir

Seanmir

ACEstudios likes this.
  4. Kagyu

Kagyu

Struggling for the same issue here and I could not get any result by searching in the forum with those keyword...
    Can you please kindly provide some links for the thread in which people discuss this issue?

@Seanmir
    The gamasutra's way worked very basic UI setups for me. I could not find any way to make it work with UI mask component. How the things are going in your case?

5. Seanmir

Seanmir

Attached Files:

6. Kagyu

Kagyu

Thanks for your help, @Seanmir. I tried the graph you gave me but could not make UI mask work.
    As you can see int the image, mask did not work and I could use any tasty UI component with a mask such as ScrollViews or so...
    If you use the graph with UI masks without any issue, can you please let me know your setup? My project is on Unity 2019.4.1f with HDRP 7.3.1. I maybe need to upgrade versions. 2020-07-30.png

7. Dragon-Magic-Studio

Dragon-Magic-Studio

Thanks @Seanmir the gamasutra tutorial works nice.

8. Kagyu

Kagyu

Is UI Mask working properly?

9. Dragon-Magic-Studio

Dragon-Magic-Studio

Yes it works

Kagyu likes this.
  10. Kagyu

Kagyu

Thanks for replying DiGiCT. Can you provide the information which version of Unity & HDRP you are using, please?
    I tried some versions but could not make UI mask working properly as you can see in the image in my previous post.

11. dubkacik1

dubkacik1

Hi did you figure it out? I have the same problem.

12. foonix

foonix

I am not sure when it was fixed, but I'm using Unity 2020.3 and HDRP 10.4, and the standard canvas shaders now render ok in both eyes using the latest XR packages.

There are still some other issues with canvas interaction with HDRP that make it worth using shadergraphs, but the right eye seems at least to be fixed.

13. AhmadKarim

AhmadKarim

For those ones which wanted a solid solution, I created the following tutorial video: