Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI Button - Click Area Messed Up

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by LatchGameDev, Feb 25, 2016.

1. LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

I'm getting this really really weird issue where some parts of the button work and other parts don't. This problem has been driving me nuts. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The Problem:

2. Polymorphik

Polymorphik

Interesting...have you tried restarting Unity?

3. Polymorphik

Polymorphik

I just noticed you had some UI stuff after your buttons, is there anything obscuring it?

4. LatchGameDev

LatchGameDev

This is full inspector image of the button that was partially blocked in the video but I don't think it was anything important. I also have restarted unity and that hasn't helped. Made a build and same issue.

EDIT: I also removed all the other buttons + text just to test the left most button. Going to bed but tomorrow I will make a new empty project to see if I get the issue there too.

5. demonpants

demonpants

I was able to fix this by deleting and making a brand new button. Still no idea what the root cause was. Copy / pasting the button duplicated the problem, FYI. And the moment I put the new button in the same hierarchy, that new button becomes broken forever (whether it gets removed from the hierarchy later or not). There seem to be some hierarchies that permanently corrupt a button's hit area, somehow...

6. Hashgrid

Hashgrid

I have the exact same problem.
    Multiplied hundreds of time because I have a lot of buttons (mostly in world space)

This is even so weird I have a floating 3d panel with 3 buttons on top of each other, that are activated/desactivated so only one is active.
    And only 1 of those buttons (which are all the same, I just copy/paste them) is bugged (I mean all 3 are, but only one is really broken at the point it's hard to even interact with it).
    If I copy paste one of them during runtime, it bugs all the same...but not the original...
    This is really a nasty bug, I wasted like 10 hours on it, nothing to do...

Please Unity Team, take a look at your UI system...

7. indidevsem

indidevsem

I have the same problem, can't find any fix

8. AlexanderEhlert

AlexanderEhlert

I ran into the same problem and the way I got it to work was move the button somewhere else in the canvas hierarchy. Hope this helps someone.

9. Asymmetric

Asymmetric

I had the same problem but in a UI situation. I had my buttons displayed in a Layout Group. I created a new Panel (and new Layout Group) and the problem went away.