Search Unity

Unity UI Bug (5.2.1f1)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by matbrummitt, Sep 25, 2015.

1. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

Ughhhh, it seems with every update, something new gets screwed up on my game.

My various UI's are appearing all screwed up after upgrading to 5.2.1f1 - which I needed to do in order to fix a bug with "yield return null" within a coroutine on iOS.

After the upgrade, my various UI Panels which were set to "none" for "source image", are now showing as completely stretched rather than the block of colour they once were.

Is this an intentional move away from using the "none" option in this way?

Thanks

Mat

2. matbrummitt

matbrummitt

For anyone else having this issue, I just created a small square white sprite and named it "Plain". Instead of setting to "None" I now use my own "Plain" sprite and it has the same effect as before the upgrade.

3. minimalic

minimalic

Same issue here. I'll try your "Plain Trick" later.

4. greg-harding

greg-harding

Unity 5.2.1f1 was ok for us but the latest Unity 5.2.1p1 patch release totally messed up our UI and beachballs on OS X when picking the affected UI elements in the scene to try to fix them. (We had updated to use fixes for some other 5.2.1f1 bugs but have now rolled back as the patch release is totally broken for us.)

edit: @karl.jones mentioned the UI team is looking at this problem (https://twitter.com/karljamesjones/status/647647132153958400)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    karl_jones likes this.
  5. jjejj87

jjejj87

got the same issue, resolved it by creating a white texture (128x128) and plugging it in to all the empty images. A bit tedious, but gets the job done.