Search Unity

Unity UI Asset Script and Text Field Keyboard

Discussion in 'VR' started by czenzel, Apr 9, 2016.

1. czenzel

czenzel

Hello,

I am a new user to Unity and was wondering if somebody could help me. I downloaded the Unity script provided in the forum to allow for HoloLens input in the UI. In the emulator I am able to input as a Keyboard / Mouse input, but when in Human mode I can not get the pop-up keyboard for Text Fields like IE Edge by hovering over the field and pressing "Enter" to simulate a air tap gesture.

The script I am using is from http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-ui-on-the-hololens.394629/.

Thanks,
    Chris Zenzel

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

The HoloLens use unity mobile keyboard, and the keyboard is designed to work in XAML apps.

Here is a link to the Unity API:
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/MobileKeyboard.html

In a scene have script that opens the mobile keyboard, you can rig it for voice or gesture tap.
    Attach script to a game object in the scene.
    Build the scene for the HoloLens as a XAML App and not a D3D.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you,
    Wesley

3. czenzel

czenzel

Hi @Unity_Wesley ,

Sorry to revive an old thread. I just grabbed the latest version of the HoloLens Unity beta (and also purchased Unity Plus).

I just started to implement the text field in a real application and my next issue I am having is that when I select the text field (while the app is compiled with XAML) the application opens another XAML window to the side with a text box and submit button and crashes with a memory error (writing to memory) in Visual Studio on the actual device.

I don't know if there is something I could be missing or if anybody else had this issue.

Edit (7/3/2016 7 AM):

Here is the error I am receiving in Debug Mode on the Device:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.AccessViolationException' occurred in UnityEngineProxy.dll
    Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Thanks,
    Chris Zenzel

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello @czenzel,

Could you please try to download the latest version of the HTP build and try again?

Thank you,
    Wesley