Search Unity

Unity UGUI Plans

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by brgishy, May 7, 2018.

1. brgishy

brgishy

I've been playing around with Package Manager and loving it! I've noticed that you have a com.unity.ugui package in the staging packages. Do you have plans for 2018.2 to remove UnityEngine.UI dlls from the UnityExtensions folder and replace it with this package?

2. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi brgishy,

Happy to hear! Thank you for the feedback. We plan to keep improving the Package Manager experience even more with each new release.

I can't confirm whether or not 2018.2 will have the ugui package shipping in production for that release. There are several factors including release timing and quality/stability that will determine if it's marked as "verified" or not.

In case it isn't obvious, "verified" means that a particular package has passed our release testing stages with a specific version or (potentially multiple versions) of the Editor and other packages; basically fully supported and ready to use for production. Otherwise, the package will remain marked as "preview" until officially stamped as verified for a release. You can still install/update to versions of a package beyond the 'verified' release but it will flag/notify that you're essentially running 'beta' software. We will have more details posted soon to our community channels describing more details around our package release lifecycle.

Thanks again,
    Daniel

brgishy likes this.