Search Unity

Unity Tutorial Scene

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by jfu007, Jun 14, 2018.

1. jfu007

jfu007

Hello, i have seen in lot of games a tutorial scene, like they force us to click somewhere rest is lock at different position then change etc.

How i can do that ? not check if first connection but lock scene, force click etc

Thanks

2. methos5k

methos5k

That question is a little vague, but it sounds like you could make some parts inactive or non-interactable, then update what's "on / off" as you progress through your scene/tutorial.

3. jfu007

jfu007

Thanks for answer but my problem, my game is in play mode so ennemy move i want do something like a pause but where i can interact with parts. cause if i pause, all game is freezed and i can t interract with button or other

4. methos5k

methos5k

When you say paused, do you mean you've set the time scale to 0 or something else?

5. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If you set time scale to 0 you should still be able to interact with buttons. But you could come up with an alternative way of pausing your game besides time scale, though it may be complicated to implement.

6. ihgyug

ihgyug

Just have the UI elements in a list/array and change their interactivity. Or if you have many UI elements, you could have a UI image with raycast target enabled (darker would be nice to make it clear that players can interact only with the non-dark UI!) and change the UI you want to be interactable to a canvas with an higher layer/change its order.
    If you set timescale to 0, as Joe said, you can interact with UI. If you want something to still happen when time scale is set to 0, just make use of unscaled times.