Search Unity

Unity Transport 2.0.1 with Relay

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by LazyDog_Rich, May 1, 2023.

1. LazyDog_Rich

LazyDog_Rich

Hi, I am trying to set up a very simple project to test connection between players, and I manage to get it working with relay.

I saw that Unity transport 2.0.1 has support for webgl(only for client). So I updated to that version and try it out, but it does not work.

For what I read so far it says that it does not need any additional configuration or change, beside checking the new use webgl checkbox in the unity transport.

But since I updated to the new version I get an error when try to connect:
    "Unity.Services.Relay.RelayServiceException: Not Found: join code not found"

It shouldn't have nothing to do with how I get/input the code, because it works with the older version, so I don't know what it could be. I am not sure what I could try changing

I also try downloading the sample projects from the documentation, but those not work either.
    I don't know where else too look up, hopefully someone here may know what to do :(

This is how I have the Unity Transport
    upload_2023-5-1_16-7-45.png

This is the error message:
    upload_2023-5-1_16-8-9.png

And here is the script I'm using:
    TestRelay.cs

Attached Files:

2. simon-lemay-unity

simon-lemay-unity

Unity Technologies

What does the console print for that log line for the join code? Is it properly displayed in the console? At a glance I'd guess that there's something going on with the TextMeshPro input and an empty string ends up being passed to the join allocation call. You could verify this by directly looking at the HTTP request in the browser's inspector.

Also, you'll need to set the connection type to "wss" instead of "dtls" on your WebGL client.

LazyDog_Rich likes this.
  3. LazyDog_Rich

LazyDog_Rich

It worked just by changing the connection type to "wss".

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I swear I'm going crazy trying to make a multiplayer game xD