Search Unity

Unity to Sketchfab Exporter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sketchfab, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Sketchfab

Sketchfab

Hi all,

I'm Michael and I work with all the game studios, developers and artists on Sketchfab. I make games and run the New York Unity User Group! So, I'm a big fan of Unity.

At Sketchfab we've recently updated our plugin that lets you select any object and publish it in 3D/VR on our platform. Recently we added support for older version of Unity like 5.4+, allowing you to export animations, higher resolution content like the Adam project, and other improvements. We wanted to get your help to stress test this new plugin with the your current project!

What does that mean?

Download our plugin (it's free) and try to export an object, a couple objects, or select a small scene.

Note: If you have any issues, submit a ticket here with your version of unity, a .package of what you were trying to upload, screenshot of the scene and description of what's not right.

What do I get for doing this?

As a small reward, the best scenes will be highlighted on our plugin page (we'll rotate them each month, so keep uploading), we'll feature you on our social and send a couple of you Sketchfab swag (stickers, buttons, and creator badges). If you're working on a really cool/snazzy 3D/VR game and want some additional free promotion, email me. I'll see what I can do. =)

Also be sure to check out some of the other Unity content recently uploaded: https://sketchfab.com/tags/unity3d

-Michael Calvert
    Gaming Evangelist

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017