Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Tiny Project Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by MoeinZavar, Mar 14, 2021.

1. MoeinZavar

MoeinZavar

Hi,

I’m not a developer myself and I’m a entrepreneur, I want to create a multiplayer game and I want to gather up a developer team and buy licenses for our team but first we have to decide which game engine we use.

Since our game is a web browser game, I saw unity is working on a project called TINY which allow you to make games for browsers. But since our game is an Only Multiplayer Game, I wanna know if it's possible to make Multiplayer games using this project now? it is it, is there any limitation or issues? or if it's not is it gonna be added to this project later? Have the unity team confirmed it?

2. dallin_unity

dallin_unity

You can but you have to write javascript

tonialatalo and MoeinZavar like this.
  3. Arowx

Arowx

Tiny is still in development and a bit of a mess look at all the problem topics in this thread.

Although it depends on your projects time scale, if you expect to be developing it for a year or two before release it could be an option but as it's in development it's like betting on a race car that's still being built.

You could be better off looking for a studio that already writes multiplayer web based games and that does contract work, also probably cheaper in the long run.

MoeinZavar likes this.
  4. vaccacc

vaccacc

Can you expand on this please?

5. dallin_unity

dallin_unity

You use javascript in case you want to build html5, you can write javascript to connect to server, do multiplayer stuffs, from unity (c#) call those javascript functions, callback to call c# functions, currently this is the way I do multiplayer, if there is another I would love to know to

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021