Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Timeline Editor - Choppy Audio when an AudioSource is assigned to Audio layer

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ReGaSLZR, Sep 27, 2017.

1. ReGaSLZR

ReGaSLZR

First of all, Unity's new Timeline Window rocks. ;) With it, I can actually make cutscenes that I normally would code for hours or days or weeks. Though there are some bugs/glitches here and there and I've been checking on forums/threads about them. I'm glad to find that Unity dudes and dudettes are doing their best to fix 'em as these issues have been filed.

Now, onto my problem.

I noticed that when I assigned an AudioSource into an Audio layer on Timeline Editor, the audio clip/s that the layer contains were choppy. But if I set the AudioSource of the Audio layer back to "None", the choppiness is gone with the disadvantage of not being able to tweak the volume and other attributes for the layer.

How do I fix this? Or is it one of the already filed bugs (that I might have missed)? Please advise.

P.S. If it helps, I am using Unity 2017.1.0f3 (Free Version)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  2. pavlito

pavlito

It's the same in 2017.2.0f3
    The sound is actually more choppy the lower the volume of the AudioSource :)

3. ReGaSLZR

ReGaSLZR

I've recently updated my Unity version to 2017.2.0f3 too and yes, that part sucks.. I hope this bug gets fixed in the next releases..

4. jamsbarrett

jamsbarrett

Hi, I'm having huge issues with this in my current project. Any word of a workaround or fix?

5. darylkimoto

darylkimoto

Was there any resolution to this issue? I believe I'm seeing it still in 2017.3.1f1.

6. SuppleTeets

SuppleTeets

Same here! On 2017.3.1f1!

darylkimoto likes this.
  7. Alberto-Zamora

Alberto-Zamora

I use one Work Around to this problem. Instead of using an audio layer, I use an Activation layer for the audio source. All the glitches are gone now... The bad thing is that I need a huge amount of Audio Sources on my project.

8. Alberto-Zamora

Alberto-Zamora

By the way, don't forget to keep the duration of the activation layer the same as the duration of the audio clip

9. CarlosKen

CarlosKen

I have done the same process. It worked and you are right it sadly took the massive amount of audio sources.