Search Unity

Unity - The Ultimate Video Editor?

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by SolutionStudios, Jun 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SolutionStudios

SolutionStudios

I've made a template project showing how Unity can be used as video editing software which can be compared to the likes of Final Cut, Premier, Hitfilm and VSDC. It works surprisingly well, and I'll be using it to produce all my video content from now on.

It is centered around Timeline and includes some custom Timeline tracks which you won't find elsewhere. The project is setup for you to download, view a sample video, then get creating.

For a more detailed explaination listing the pros and cons, please read this blog post.

To download the project, go to this GitHub repository.

This is the sample video which is included in the project. It is intended to show all the features Unity can provide for video editing (but I'm not much of an artist, so I'm sure you could do much better :)).

Please star the GitHub repository if you find it useful or interesting so others can find it.
    (I'm not planning on attempting an Asset Store release as I don't think it's something the Asset Store Team would accept. But I might try if it gets lot of interest.)

adamgolden and hopeful like this.
  2. spitzerpl

spitzerpl

Your sharing is great. However, this is not friendly to beginners. Try Windows Movie Maker or RecoveryTool Video Editor will be more appropriate.

3. nsmith1024

nsmith1024

Is this something that only works in the Unity Editor, or can i put the video editor inside my Unity app too?

4. niki22ii

niki22ii

woo,it‘s cool ideal. I have been looking for editing tools that are easy to operate recently. I heard that Adobe Premier and Tuneskit Acemovi are easy to use. Now that uinty can cut videos, I can consider uinty. After all, I have used uinty for many years and I am more proficient in its operation.

5. ChrisHandzlik

ChrisHandzlik

Good idea, while I find it's not as user friendly as purpose-build video editing software it definitely has it's benefits. Main I can see would be for people who would want to learn bit more about animating with Unity.

It'd be great idea to have single tool to produce videos, but it's going to be difficult to get productive with that workflow.

Phantom5533 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.