Search Unity

Bug Unity TextMeshPro hides on save.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Rishran, May 28, 2021.

1. Rishran

Rishran

I was using Text Mesh Pro for my project, when I noticed when I save, it hides the text.

I have a Mask applied.

There is a way to fix it, by disabling and enabling the mask.

I think this is a bug, anyone tell me if they are having the same problems.

Can you get this fixed ASAP, as I don't want to fix it every time I save.

Thanks!

Before:
    Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 5.32.14 PM.png
    After:
    Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 5.32.18 PM.png

(Sorry for poor quality)

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

This is an old issue that seems to have resurfaced in 2021.x. This is not specific to TMP but rather internal texture management and Canvas system.

I will check with the relevant team at Unity this week to try to get an update on this and follow up once I have more information.

3. Rishran

Rishran

What when did this issue occur?

I am using an old version of unity (2020.3.9f1), and that might be the problem!

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Thus far I have only seen reports of this in 2021 when saving a scene. Perhaps whatever change resulted in this old issue coming back might have been back ported to 2020.3.

Are you having text objects disappear when saving a scene or at runtime? If runtime, this is likely the result of having multiple text objects that share the same material preset but being rendered in a mixture of rendering space like Screenspace, Worldspace and Overlay. The solution for that is to use a separate set of material preset for these different spaces. There should be several detailed posts about this on the forum.

5. Rishran

Rishran

Sorry it's been a while, I took a short break!

No, it's when I save. I don't think it's a major problem at the moment, as I have stopped working with UI and especially TextMeshPro.

Thanks and have a good rest of the week!