Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Unity text metalanguage" file missing in latest solutions. No unity syntaxis recognised by editors.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DeadCoyote, Sep 30, 2019.

1. DeadCoyote

DeadCoyote

Hi. Recently installed Unity 2019.2.6f1 and got a problem. I create new project, make a cript in it and not Unity metalanguage is highlighted in MonoDevelop or VisualStudio (2015 and 2017). Old scripts (3-5 years old) don't have that problem. But if I copy a working script from an old project to the folder of the new project, no Unity syntaxis would be recognised by the code editor. The code works anyway, though.

I noticed that if I go to Project->Solution Options->Code Formating in my old documents, there's "Unity text metalanguage" file in later projects, but not in the newest ones, so I presume that's the issue. The question is how do I put that file in latest solutions?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. DeadCoyote

DeadCoyote

Also, in the latest version of Unity scince installing I get this error upon opening a script:

Idk if that's anyhow connected, but if it does, here it is.

Code (CSharp):
    1. in32Exception: Не удается найти указанный файл.
    3. System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo) (at <9f8c4786222746238eb929db40bf8dd1>:0)
    4. System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () (at <9f8c4786222746238eb929db40bf8dd1>:0)
    5. (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
    6. UnityEditor.DefaultExternalCodeEditor.OpenProject (System.String path, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/DefaultExternalCodeEditor.cs:131)
    7. Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.OpenProject (System.String path, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:31)
    8. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)