Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity: Text Mesh Wrong Location

Discussion in '2D' started by imsarim, Aug 29, 2019.

1. imsarim

imsarim

What is my problem. There is an Intro scene, in it text and animation appear and fade in turn, the component for text is used by Text Mesh. In Unity, the text behaves as it should (see screen 1), but after compilation and installation on the phone (this is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4), the position, scale and angle of rotation change (see screen 2). Google did not give anything sensible and I myself first encounter this.

Screen 1.

Screen 2.

Attached Files:

2. bloodwolftico

bloodwolftico

I would recommend to start by checking Build Settings > Player Settings > Resolution and Presentation (make sure to check the phone device at the top), and see if there's anything wrong with orientation.

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-PlayerSettingsAndroid.html

I am concerned, tho, that the UI flips and the image doesn't. Perhaps an issue with how Text Mesh interacts w Android devices?

3. imsarim

imsarim

Firstly, I apologize for not taking so long to answer. secondly, in the paragraph Resolution and Presentation the portrait orientation is set, there can be no problems, I checked 7. times; thirdly, when checking on the test assembly there were no such problems, I installed everything exactly with the original.

During multiple checks, the following was noticed: The starting point (Anchor) is set to the origin, for example: if you change Anchor to Middle Center, you will see the central part of the text (as in the screenshot). And if Anchor is set to Top Left, then the upper left part of the text will be visible accordingly