Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity terrain does not render on Metal and Vulkan with LWRP and Unity 2019.1.0b8

Discussion in '2019.1 Beta' started by FixItFelix, Mar 22, 2019.

1. FixItFelix

FixItFelix

Hello guys,

I wanted to use the unity terrain for my mobile game and somehow the terrain is not rendered anymore on devices which using Metal (ios) and Vulkan (newer android).
    After building and running it on the devices it does not show up. No error or warning during the session.

Is anybody experience the same or can help me with that?
    Thanks.

2. Andre_Mcgrail

Andre_Mcgrail

Unity Technologies

Hi,

What version of LWRP are you suing with b8? there has been some changes lately to how the terrain system references terrain shaders for LWRP, you might want to check you are on the latest available version for 19.1.

Cheers

3. FixItFelix

FixItFelix

It was even happening on Unity 2019.1.0f1 and LWRP 5.10.
    But I was finding the problem. I activate Draw instanced of the terrain and then I realized that the shipped terrain material which I still used had no instancing on. I created my own material with instancing on and it works.
    The older device just not had the issue, because it was not capable of doing instancing.