Search Unity

Unity terrain cannot find terrain layers

Discussion in 'World Building' started by BIGTIMEMASTER, Oct 1, 2019.

1. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

In the terrain inspector window, the layers menu is missing and I get this error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.PaintTextureTool.UpdateLayerPalette (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.terrain-tools@2.0.2-preview/Editor/TerrainTools/PaintTextureTool.cs:744)
    3. UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.PaintTextureTool.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.IOnInspectorGUI editContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.terrain-tools@2.0.2-preview/Editor/TerrainTools/PaintTextureTool.cs:339)
    4. UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.ShowPaint () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/TerrainEditor/TerrainInspector.cs:1433)
    5. UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/TerrainEditor/TerrainInspector.cs:1867)
    6. UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:501)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    It's an issue with the Terrain Tools preview package. Removing it solves the error. However, reinstalling teh package still makes the error.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  2. wyatttt

wyatttt

Unity Technologies

Can you file a bug report for me and I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong

BIGTIMEMASTER likes this.
  3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

will do. first thign tomorrow morning i send that out. I will need some time to try and reproduce it, but I think i had figured out that it was somethign to do with either amplify shader editor or megasplat being present in the project along with the terrain tools package. But I gotta go back and try to reproduce before I can say for certain.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    wyatttt likes this.
  4. wyatttt

wyatttt

Unity Technologies

ok, thank you!