Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Terrain Brushes not working after upgrade.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by drakekaz, Jun 14, 2019.

1. drakekaz

drakekaz

Hi everyone. I've been trying to figure this out for while and haven't been able to find a solution online so I decided to ask you good folks.

I am currently working on project that upgraded from Unity 2018.1.9f2 (64-bit) to Unity 2018.3.13f1 (64-bit) and after the upgrade the Unity terrain brush tools stopped working. Meaning I cannot paint terrain height or splatmap textures. Instead it creates a selection box and I also should mention that I am using Vegetation Studio as you can see in the picture bellow. I also noticed that the brushes are set to Read Only. Not sure if that has anything to do with it not working just something i noticed.

Has anyone come across this issue before. and if so how did you fix it? Thanks in advance for your help.

[/url

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Unity 2018.1.9 to 2017.3.0 would be a downgrade, not an upgrade. Unity doesn't actually support downgrades.

If you meant 2018.3.0, Unity got a significant terrain system rework in that version. Vegetation studio has to be upgraded to 1.5.1 for 2018.3 support according to their asset store page.

3. drakekaz

drakekaz

Oops I meant to say 2018.3.13f1 (64-bit) sorry about that. Yeah I will try upgrading my Vegetation Studio see if that helps. Thanks!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. drakekaz

drakekaz

I updated Vegetation Studio to no avail. Has anyone come across this problem before?

5. drakekaz

drakekaz

[FIXED] - I found a solution. Apparently, downloading the project from Unity collab in a new folder fixed it. Not sure why but if you are having the same issue try committing your project it to collab and downloading in a new folder. :confused::)

6. Tsgterror

Tsgterror

same problem but not solving after upgrading also

7. Electro3_Strike

Electro3_Strike

same but i think the reason is we are all using vegatation studio pro and that is causing the glitch

8. NeXtoGaming

NeXtoGaming

i have 2021.3.15 and it doesnt seem to work...