Search Unity

Unity Terrain Brushes not working after upgrade.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by drakekaz, Jun 14, 2019.

1. drakekaz

drakekaz

Hi everyone. I've been trying to figure this out for while and haven't been able to find a solution online so I decided to ask you good folks.

I am currently working on project that upgraded from Unity 2018.1.9f2 (64-bit) to Unity 2018.3.13f1 (64-bit) and after the upgrade the Unity terrain brush tools stopped working. Meaning I cannot paint terrain height or splatmap textures. Instead it creates a selection box and I also should mention that I am using Vegetation Studio as you can see in the picture bellow. I also noticed that the brushes are set to Read Only. Not sure if that has anything to do with it not working just something i noticed.

Has anyone come across this issue before. and if so how did you fix it? Thanks in advance for your help.

[/url

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Unity 2018.1.9 to 2017.3.0 would be a downgrade, not an upgrade. Unity doesn't actually support downgrades.

If you meant 2018.3.0, Unity got a significant terrain system rework in that version. Vegetation studio has to be upgraded to 1.5.1 for 2018.3 support according to their asset store page.

3. drakekaz

drakekaz

Oops I meant to say 2018.3.13f1 (64-bit) sorry about that. Yeah I will try upgrading my Vegetation Studio see if that helps. Thanks!

Joe-Censored likes this.
  4. drakekaz

drakekaz

I updated Vegetation Studio to no avail. Has anyone come across this problem before?

5. drakekaz

drakekaz

[FIXED] - I found a solution. Apparently, downloading the project from Unity collab in a new folder fixed it. Not sure why but if you are having the same issue try committing your project it to collab and downloading in a new folder. :confused::)