Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Tell me to download al commit after a crash, but i have already all stuff. How should i move?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by LoStraniero, Nov 15, 2019.

1. LoStraniero

LoStraniero

Unity crashed when i worked on it and when i re-opened the project it's happened this thing, he tell me to download all stuff my collaborates commit, but i have already downloaded before in my project... How should i move? Cattura22222.JPG 00d83f84-3b3d-454e-aff3-98fcad8343a9.jpg

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

I believe this can happen if the Library became corrupted due to the crash.

Please try the following in an attempt to alleviate the issue:

1. Close all instances of the Unity Hub and Editor
    2. Rename the project folder (so that it is no longer recognised by the Unity Hub)
    3. Open the Unity Hub and download a fresh copy of the project to a new folder
    4. Close all instances of the Unity Hub and Editor
    5. Delete the Assets, Packages and ProjectSettings folders from the newly downloaded project
    6. Copy and Paste the Assets, Packages and ProjectSettings folders from the backup project to the newly downloaded project

After this you should be in the state you were before the crash occurred. Please review the project and revert to the backup if you are in doubt about anything.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  3. LoStraniero

LoStraniero

he tell me this, what i need to do now?
    ddwawadwadwad.JPG

4. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

I have had the same issue...Please can we get correct guidance... i pulled a fresh version into a new project but that has compile issues related to post process. i still have the original build.

I started the "update now", but it converted my project "player settings" from linear to space to the default value, so im not sure what else has changed.....!!!! Why does a local pc crash cause this issue!!!?!?!

5. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hey @LoStraniero and @AlcoleponeHome,

Sorry for the delay in response. I have now updated workaround above to take into account Packages and Project Settings changes.

Hope this helps.

6. AlcoleponeHome

AlcoleponeHome

i'll try that, but that seems incredibly "hacky" , i use collab to have piece of mind that my project is safe and backed up. My PC crashing shouldn't cause more anxiety about trying to make sure collab is correct.