Search Unity

Unity Tech's Latest Hire: lion-gv, aka Thomas Grové!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HiggyB, Aug 12, 2009.

1. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

We've done it again folks, the hiring binge rolls on and it's yet another person from the community that's joining us. Long ago I first met Thomas at a coffee shop in the Mission District here in SF as he and a friend (who happens to have been Amir who we've had on board for a bit over a year now!) wanted a demo about Unity. Since then he's written reviews about us, used our product, lurked about the community and even attended both Unite events despite being SF local (quite a trip out to Copenhagen!).

We had an open job position for a Marketing rep and after interviewing a lot of folks the light bulb went on and we thought of Thomas. I'm thrilled to report that he's now on-board (he actually started a few weeks ago) and is going to help us with our overall marketing effort. That's been a critical need as we've been very tech-heavy in our staffing and hires and so I'm confident Thomas is going to have an immediate impact and that he'll help spread the word about Unity.

He posts here on the forums under the screen name lion-gv, and you'll find him on our blogs here. Please welcome Thomas on board! :D

2. AaronC

AaronC

That's awesome, Welcome Thomas. Its going to be a good feeling, this world domination.

Greets from New Zealand.

AaronC

3. lion-gv

lion-gv

Thanks for the introduction Tom!

A bit more about me: I have been using Unity ever since Tom's demo two years ago; the very next day I went out and purchases my trusty Apple laptop!

I'm a game designer by trade and have worked for SEGA, Stormfront Studios, Backbone Entertainment, and Activision. Unity is hands down a more productive game development tool than any of the internal engines I have used at these companies.

So needless to say I've been impressed by the company and its technology, which makes it really easy to do marketing for Unity because I don't have to feel dirty about saying "look how awesome this is!!!"--instead I feel as clean as Unity's UI!

4. Mani

Mani

Congrats and Welcome Thomas.

5. KarelA

KarelA

Really cool. I like how you guys recognize the talent in community. Unity3D needs to spread his wings.

Good luck :)

6. 51cnzz.com

51cnzz.com

well,Thank Every body here.

7. Zante

Zante

*Cheers like one of the sand people from Star Wars*