Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Teams Access and Seat Type information is missing from the projects dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Harribel, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Harribel

Harribel

I noticed that the information about Unity Teams Access and Seat Type has been missing for quite some time now.
    I am not sure if this is because of a change in how Unity Teams works or if it is a bug.

I am currently a Manager in the organization and I should be able to see this information as it makes it easier to quickly see if a member of the project has Teams access or not.

unityteamsdashboarderror.png

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Harribel, typically, the "---" would be replaced with either a "yes" or "no" after a couple seconds since those checks are done asynchronously. If you're viewing this page on Google Chrome, could you try opening the Developer Tools, switching to the Network tab, and refreshing this page to see if there are any red errors in the tab that you could share with me?

3. Harribel

Harribel

I have been staying on the page for a period of time and the dashes are not being updated with the correct information. These are the logs that I get when refreshing the page.

EDIT: I just noticed that I accidentally sent the same log three times. Please excuse my mistake.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  4. Harribel

Harribel

This is still an issue for me. I am now getting other kinds of errors in the network console. I'll upload my logs but I have noticed that this issue does not reproduce in another project with my personal organization. I am getting the same errors in the logs but I can see the Unity Teams Access and Seat Type information of the other member in the project.

Attached Files:

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for the additional logs! I've passed these along to our developer dashboard engineer to look into it further. I will be sure to update you when I have more information.

6. Khaeops

Khaeops

Hello, just chiming in to say that this issue is still persisting for me as of Feb 21, 2020. I can add members to my projects who are assigned Unity Teams Basic seats in the organisation but upon attempting to add and assign seats to my projects, there is only '- - -' where there should either be a 'yes' or 'no' hyperlink. Attached is the log from Chrome's Network debugger.

Also note that accessing the page from an incognito Chrome instance or from Microsoft Edge yields only the same issues. Any newly created projects with Collab enabled does the same thing.

Attached Files:

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Khaeops, thank you for providing your logs. Would you mind telling me your Organization and Project name so that we can check additional logs on our end? You can DM the names to me if the names are under NDA or otherwise you'd prefer to keep them private.

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

We've been able to repro this issue on our end and we're investigating the cause of it. In the meantime, it should still be possible to assign and revoke seats in id.unity.com by going into your specific Organization, then going to Subscriptions & Services, then clicking on Manage Seats for your Unity Teams subscription.

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi again! I wanted to check if you were still seeing this issue? The developer I'm looking into this with, along with myself, have found that a refresh of the page can often fix this UI glitch. Are you still seeing "---" under your users' Teams Access?

10. Khaeops

Khaeops

Hello!

Yes, I've been refreshing the page several times a day for the past week or two and the problem still persists. Managing the seats in the Organization works but it would still be nice to manage them per-project.

11. Khaeops

Khaeops

An update on the situation: Assigning seats in the Organization does not work, and I cannot assign project-specific seats to users. However, the users that are listed for the project dashboard can indeed see and download the project via Hub. But I cannot assign or revoke their seats. :/

Furthermore, I got a friend to create an organisation to their project, and they assigned the Owner role to me. Both he and I could see and modify the seats of users per project using the 'yes' or 'no' buttons.

Odd that it shows up for a new organisation but not for my one. Perhaps this brings us closer to a possible culprit?

Attached Files:

12. Liderangel

Liderangel