Search Unity

Resolved Unity team what you doin?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mfatihbarut, Dec 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

Hi,
    May I ask you something, isn't ADS one of the biggest parts of your earnings?
    While this is the situation,
    - In the below picture it is seen how your ads page is looking. (Web page is somehow broken)
    - and Rewarded ads button script (in documentation) is giving errors.
    - I spent a whole week to find what is wrong with the ads service that I couldn't manage to work and it revealed that it was a conflict between mediation and I had to find how could I revert it back.
    - And finally I managed it to work but it is gone again. And my tester can't load ads from server.
    Could you please put documentation which guides us from start to end without errors and also working...

upload_2021-12-14_20-26-43.png

upload_2021-12-15_9-55-47.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    D12294 likes this.
  2. Jointuletz

Jointuletz

Same here,
    But looks like they don`t care about this... they don`t lose money, just the people who create apps with ads...
    Hope will sort it out, i have the same problem....

Problem solved,

you need to add them into void awake function

need to look like this and will fix the problem...

Code (CSharp):
    1. void Awake()
    2.     {
    3.         // Get the Ad Unit ID for the current platform:
    4.         _adUnitId = null; // This will remain null for unsupported platforms
    5. #if UNITY_IOS
    6.         _adUnitId = _iOsAdUnitId;
    7. #elif UNITY_ANDROID
    8.         _adUnitId = _androidAdUnitId;
    9. #endif
    10.     }

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    D12294 likes this.
  3. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

Of course that is the solution, but the point is how a team makes a simple mistake like this? I just pointed out that a page which serves millions of people should have been done more carefully

Jointuletz likes this.
  4. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

Just to share,
    Probably I found the reason
    it was Editor's Play Mode Options. When it is enabled ADS doesn't initialize second time or more.

5. Jason_YLin

Jason_YLin

Unity Technologies

Hi @mfatihbarut, we really sorry that you had a bad experience with our document website.
    Do you use any Ad Block extension while visiting the website, if yes, could you please add the website to the whitelist or just disable the extension and try again?
    You can check the latest Ads SDK document website as below:
    https://docs.unity.com/ads/UnityAdsHome.htm

Thanks.

mfatihbarut likes this.
  6. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

Thanks a lot, disabling AD blocker solved my problem with the website.
    upload_2021-12-27_13-44-33.jpeg

7. mfatihbarut

mfatihbarut

But you should know that, putting rewarded ads script on a button is not the right approach in every scenario. Because we generally want to hide the button until we need it (forexample end of the level) but in that case if you try to load the ADS when this button starts it takes a lot of time to load it which is unacceptable therefore we need to put this script on an empty object, load the ads and show it when we need it.
    But I think that approach has also problems. Because we load ADS at the start of the level and it somehow goes if it takes too much to show it.
    Btw I need an approach to renew the loaded ads if it is gone because of the time spent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.