Search Unity

1. Get the latest news, tutorials and offers directly to your inbox with our newsletters. Sign up now.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity team feedback appreciated --- Posting images

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by sngdan, Nov 11, 2016.

1. sngdan

sngdan

unity forum team:

We discussed in the below referenced post the inconsistent behavior with regards to uploading images to forum posts / conversations. In summary for some people it just works by dragging / uploading images. For others they have to upload to imgur or alike and then link.

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/tips-on-creating-a-good-forum-post.438575/#post-2848679

Could you please clarify if there is a bug, OS, browser related incompatibility or if this is intended (and if it is let us know based on what this feature is enabled / not enabled)

Appreciated...

2. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Hi @sngdan!

Thanks for linking to that post, it's been a great read. Currently I don't believe we are having issues with our image uploader. Make sure your images are < 4MB file size, you can see our supported file types when you click the "Upload a File" button. If you're still having more issues would you be able to provide a few more details? File type / error message / browser ect...

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this!

3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

I've been having issues. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Often times it'll just sit there and do nothing while uploading - even small files. It's inconsistent for me on Chrome stable desktop.

4. sngdan

sngdan

@Buhlaine

Thank you for getting back. It feels like going to the doctor, once you are there your pain is gone.

• I have tested a few forum posts and the upload file / drag & drop seems to be working - can't reproduce the odd behaviour at the moment
    • It still does not work in private messages, maybe this is intentional, but it would be great, if you had a chance to enable it for private messages as well. Even if it comes say with a 1 month expiration date....

unityunity