Search Unity

Unity Support response time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mimery, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimery

mimery

Hi Guys,

What is the realistic support response time? The automated notification says around 3 business days. I have raised a ticket 12 days ago re using the wrong organization purchase on Asset Store and still not a single response. Another ticket raised 5 days ago and both are still un-answered.

What's the best way to contact support to ensure more timely response?

2. Amon

Amon

Attach a letter to a pigeon, teach it to fly to your local unity establishment, then let it fly. Then, wait for the pigeon to come back.

Deleted User and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The Asset Store support is notoriously slow. They probably just don't have enough people for the request volume. Covid lockdowns probably aren't helping either. The local Unity office to me (San Francisco bay area) is in a county which is still on mandatory lockdown orders, but I don't know if any of the Asset Store staff are out of there.

mimery likes this.
  4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey folks,

I'm aware that the Customer Service team are experiencing a rather higher than usual demand for their service and are working extremely hard to catch up. They've recently tweaked the auto-response message that is sent when a ticket is created to reflect this.

The Live Chat service is still available for urgent issues such as TFA issues or activation returns. That is accessed via the ticket submission page here (https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=65905)

Operation times are listed in the widget.

karl_jones, Ryiah and Joe-Censored like this.
  5. mimery

mimery

Hi Maru, thanks for responding and giving some visibility.

I have just heard back from a customer rep after waiting for 14 days, and the answer is contradictory to the developer's response. The asset Developer basically said to contact customer service for a refund (he replied within an hour). The customer service (after waiting for 2 weeks) basically said that its the developer's job to refund. So both are not even aligned and are just passing the responsibilty to another.

So which one is the correct answer? Is the developer mis-informed by saying Unity Customer Service should refund? Or is the customer service rep mis-informed re the refund process?

6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Could you DM me the ticket number so I can look into this for you?

7. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

I'll reply publicly just so the information is out there.

Basically, Support can only provide the refund if the Publisher tells them to do so. They'd need to send a ticket to them with your order number authorising a refund, and they'll do it. It doesn't sound like the Publisher did that as they just assumed the Support team will do it.

I can see the person helping you has looped the Publisher into the ticket to get approval from them for the refund before they can send it so once that's done, the refund can be processed.

8. mimery

mimery

Thanks Maru for giving this information to us. In that instance when the publisher need to raise a ticket for the refund, do the organisation/user have visibility on whether the publisher has requested this refund to the customer service? Is the ticket system visible to all the parties involved in this or just the publisher? And is this also classified as a standard support ticket (10+ days turnaround) or because they're a publisher they can raise an urgent ticket (how many days for urgent ticket?)? More detailed information re this on the FAQ will also help to manage expectation/clarity re timing of the process and provide better overall visbility/accountability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.