Search Unity

Unity Stuck on Resolving Packages.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Penhoat, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Penhoat

Penhoat

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue with Unity, where it gets stuck on opening trying to resolve packages.
    I was on 2019.3.3. First it was the com.unity.xr.oculus.standalone package that seemed to be the issue, got lucky and was able to cancel the process, installed it manually, great. Now it's com.unity.settings\Editor\UserSettingsProvider.cs. Unfortunately I can't cancel this one.

Thought upgrading to 2019.3.7 might solve it (made a backup first), unfortunately this doesn't change a thing, upgraded succesfully but the same exact issue.

Edit: solved by removing the manifest.json for the 10th time this week.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Ghat-Smith, cm and Luke2 like this.
  2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Penhoat

I'm really sorry you're having problems with Unity and the Package Manager. The next time this happens, could you please report a bug with the Bug Reporter (Help > Report a bug) and make sure to attach the Editor.log file? This can help us understand why this is happening and providing a solution or at least a better workaround than deleting the manifest.json file, which should not be necessary to do.

3. Penhoat

Penhoat

Hey Maxime,

This was caused by using installing SteamVR/OpenVR while having upgraded to the XR Management system. This created a conflict, considering those are not supported in that system.

4. nights007

nights007

This seem to happen all the time in 2020.2a18(earlier versions too). Several minutes waiting after play/stop or changing an asset is standard here. Just wait a couple of minutes and things resolve....these minutes turn into hours pretty quickly.

Only1ken0bi and Luke2 like this.
  5. Luke2

Luke2

Having this in fresh install of 2020.1.4f1 on a fresh system just after a fresh install of SteamVR.
    It was trying to do something for 15 minutes. I could hear the computer noise every second or two. Then it finished and there is no OpenVR option available in XR Plugin manager! Help!

6. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey there, can we get an editor log so we can see what's happening?

7. bgrz

bgrz

I've also encountered this, it turned out that UPM was downloading very slowly (at a consistent rate of 9mbit/s on my gigabit connection), so it took it 5-6 minutes to get "unstuck".

It didn't help that neither "Editor.log" nor "upm.log" weren't getting any new content written. "Editor.log" was stuck at "Using Asset Import Pipeline V2." and "upm.log" was at "Resolving dependencies using SAT solver".

The only indication that it's working was that my network connection was downloading at 9mbit/s.

This was on Unity 2020.1.6f1, during editor startup, but the same non-responsiveness happens when adding the package while editor is running (trying to add "com.unity.entities": "0.14.0-preview.19"). This is really confusing and horrible, I wasted an hour resetting packages, deleting Library, end-tasking Unity several times, digging up log files, etc.

8. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @bgrz,

I agree that upm.log could at least tell you when a package download has started and finished. I will add this to our backlog. This would be a quick win while download progression is not yet implemented.

Sam

9. Only1ken0bi

Only1ken0bi

Geeezz Louise.

This Resolving Package thing is a reeeeeaaaaal 'User Experience' killer.

I'm doing the Lego Microgame Tutorial as a first time user and just trying to learn.

Can anyone shed light as to 'Why' this process is taking this long? I mean I've already downloaded the Project itself but when firing up the Unity Editor I'm greeted with the 'Flintstone' way of doing things like I'm back in the stone age.

Is is what I should 'be getting used to' as being the 'Norm' for Unity?

Attached Files:

10. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Only1ken0bi,

Yes I can shed some light! What's happening when you see "Resolving packages..." is that Package Manager is first working out which packages to add to your project based on your project dependencies, then adding those packages to the project. If those packages have never been downloaded before on your machine, we first download them and then store them in a cache for quick retrieval next time. Depending on the size of the packages and your internet connection, this download may take some time. We realize this is not obvious from the information displayed in this progress bar! In a future release of Unity, we will be adding full support for download progression so you will see how many packages are downloading and how many bytes are remaining. Hope this helps :)

11. Cestral

Cestral

I seem to get stuck on resolving packages on anything I try to run. I'm new to Unity and it was working fine before I updated to the latest version. I've literally let it sit for hours and nothing happens. My internet connection is 100 Mbit so I doubt it's the download speed.

12. Cestral

Cestral

I let it sit for 15 hours now and it's still stuck so definitely it has nothing to do with downloads.

AndreiMarian, zoeyducoeur and cm like this.
  13. jean21101999

jean21101999

Having the same issue, Unity 2019.3.5

[LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to connect to local IPC
    [Licensing::Module] Failed to connect to channel: LicenseClient-benim
    [Licensing::Module] Successfully launched the LicensingClient
    [LicensingClient] Timed-out attempting to connect to the Licensing Client on pipe: LicenseClient-benim.
    [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to connect to local IPC
    [Licensing::Module] Failed to connect to channel: LicenseClient-benim
    IPC channel to LicensingClient doesn't exist; falling back to Legacy licensing
    [LicensingClient] ERROR Failed to disconnect local IPC connection

LICENSE SYSTEM [2021127 23:55:37] Next license update check is after 2030-03-14T00:00:00

Built from '2019.3/staging' branch; Version is '2019.3.5f1 (d691e07d38ef) revision 14062048'; Using compiler version '191627012'
    OS: 'Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bit' Language: 'en' Physical Memory: 3992 MB
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, Is64bit: 1, IsPro: 1
    [Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 53403 was selected

COMMAND LINE ARGUMENTS:
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe
    -createproject
    C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper
    -cloneFromTemplate
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\ProjectTemplates\com.unity.template.3d-4.2.6.tgz
    -cloudOrganization
    undefined
    -cloudEnvironment
    production
    -useHub
    -hubIPC
    -hubSessionId
    eb438c00-60e2-11eb-bbf5-07d006af14cb
    -accessToken
    LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00af
    C:/Users/benim/FinalsSuper
    Using Asset Import Pipeline V2.
    [Package Manager] Server::EnsureServerProcessIsRunning -- ReadyRequest exceeded maximum alloted time, ran for [54] seconds
    [Package Manager] Server::Kill -- Server was shutdown
    [Package Manager] PackageManager Server::Start -- Process restart attempt #2

[Package Manager] Server::Start -- Port 60085 was selected
    Adding genesis user token Adding genesis user token [Package Manager] Done resolving packages in 34.46s seconds
    [Package Manager] Done checking package constraints in 0.02s seconds
    [Package Manager]
    Registered 40 packages:
    Packages from [https://packages.unity.com]:
    com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.16 (location: C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collab-proxy@1.2.16)
    com.unity.ide.rider@1.1.4 (location: C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ide.rider@1.1.4)
    com.unity.ide.vscode@1.1.4 (location: C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ide.vscode@1.1.4)
    com.unity.test-framework@1.1.11 (location: C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.test-framework@1.1.11)
    com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.1 (location: C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.1)
    com.unity.timeline@1.2.12 (location: C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.timeline@1.2.12)
    com.unity.ext.nunit@1.0.0 (location: C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ext.nunit@1.0.0)
    Built-in packages:
    com.unity.ugui@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui)
    com.unity.modules.ai@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.ai)
    com.unity.modules.androidjni@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.androidjni)
    com.unity.modules.animation@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.animation)
    com.unity.modules.assetbundle@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.assetbundle)
    com.unity.modules.audio@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.audio)
    com.unity.modules.cloth@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.cloth)
    com.unity.modules.director@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.director)
    com.unity.modules.imageconversion@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.imageconversion)
    com.unity.modules.imgui@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.imgui)
    com.unity.modules.jsonserialize@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.jsonserialize)
    com.unity.modules.particlesystem@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.particlesystem)
    com.unity.modules.physics@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.physics)
    com.unity.modules.physics2d@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.physics2d)
    com.unity.modules.screencapture@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.screencapture)
    com.unity.modules.terrain@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.terrain)
    com.unity.modules.terrainphysics@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.terrainphysics)
    com.unity.modules.tilemap@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.tilemap)
    com.unity.modules.ui@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.ui)
    com.unity.modules.uielements@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.uielements)
    com.unity.modules.umbra@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.umbra)
    com.unity.modules.unityanalytics@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unityanalytics)
    com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest)
    com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle)
    com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio)
    com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture)
    com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww)
    com.unity.modules.vehicles@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.vehicles)
    com.unity.modules.video@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.video)
    com.unity.modules.vr@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.vr)
    com.unity.modules.wind@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.wind)
    com.unity.modules.xr@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.xr)
    com.unity.modules.subsystems@1.0.0 (location: C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.modules.subsystems)

[Subsystems] No new subsystems found in resolved package list.
    [Package Manager] Done registering packages in 0.00s seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.03 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Preloading 0 native plugins for Editor in 0.00 ms.
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1611783937 current 1611784631
    Initialize engine version: 2019.3.5f1 (d691e07d38ef)
    [Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/Resources/UnitySubsystems
    [Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path C:/Users/benim/FinalsSuper/Assets
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (ID=0x1916)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 1996 MB
    Driver: 27.20.100.8681
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/lib/mono/unityjit'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,server=y,suspend=n,address=127.0.0.1:56088
    ImportWorker Server TCP listen port: 59611
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Registering precompiled unity dll's ...
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WindowsStandaloneSupport/UnityEditor.WindowsStandalone.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WebGLSupport/UnityEditor.WebGL.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/MetroSupport/UnityEditor.UWP.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport/UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll
    Registered in 0.250242 seconds.
    [usbmuxd] Start listen thread
    [usbmuxd] Listen thread started
    Native extension for iOS target not found
    Native extension for Android target not found
    Native extension for WebGL target not found
    Native extension for WindowsStandalone target not found
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.06 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Mono: successfully reloaded assembly
    - Completed reload, in 36.544 seconds
    Registering precompiled user dll's ...
    Registered in 0.094883 seconds.
    Platform modules already initialized, skipping
    Validating Project structure ... 0.000402 seconds.
    Shader import version has changed; will reimport all shaders...
    Upgrading shader files ...0.000253 seconds.
    Start importing Assets/Scenes using Guid(7198d4aaba157974ab19f42da23df02b) Importer(-1,00000000000000000000000000000000)
    Done importing asset: 'Assets/Scenes' (target hash: '8199110e536b726ef513fb3b637a350c') in 1.018393 seconds
    Symbol file LoadedFromMemory doesn't match image C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ext.nunit@1.0.0\net35\unity-custom\nunit.framework.dll
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.18 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Refresh completed in 0.000003 seconds.
    - Completed reload, in 3.036 seconds
    Filename: "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\bin/mono.exe"
    Arguments: "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/Tools/ScriptUpdater/AssemblyUpdater.exe" checkupdaterconfigs -a "C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityVR/Editor/UnityEditor.VR.dll" --timestamp 637473887271287044 -s "C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed,+C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data\UnityExtensions/Unity,+C:/Users/benim/FinalsSuper/Assets"
    [API Updater] Processing imported assemblies took 7664 ms (0/1 assemblie(s)).
    Assembly Updater Post Process Assets time: 7.710401s
    [ScriptCompilation] Recompiling all scripts because: Assembly Definition File(s) changed
    AssetDatabase: script compilation time: 0.253112s
    - Starting script compilation
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.UI.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll in 24.445671 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.UI.dll in 24.507172 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.TestRunner.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.TestRunner.dll in 7.28393 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.UI.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.UI.dll in 1.412777 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Rider.Editor.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.dll in 6.726197 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.dll in 6.754677 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.Editor.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.VSCode.Editor.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll in 7.346561 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Rider.Editor.dll in 7.310917 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.VSCode.Editor.dll in 3.985544 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll in 5.619911 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.Editor.dll in 8.256916 seconds
    - Finished script compilation in 48.687819 seconds
    Reloading assemblies after forced synchronous recompile.
    Symbol file LoadedFromMemory doesn't match image C:\Users\benim\FinalsSuper\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ext.nunit@1.0.0\net35\unity-custom\nunit.framework.dll
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.30 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Refresh completed in 0.000004 seconds.
    - Completed reload, in 3.188 seconds
    Building style catalogs (6)
    StyleSheets/Extensions/base/common.uss
    StyleSheets/Northstar/common.uss
    StyleSheets/Extensions/fonts/inter.uss
    StyleSheets/Extensions/base/dark.uss
    Packages/com.unity.timeline/Editor/StyleSheets/Extensions/common.uss
    Packages/com.unity.timeline/Editor/StyleSheets/Extensions/dark.uss
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.30 ms, found 0 plugins.
    RefreshInfo: InitialScriptRefreshV2(NoUpdateAssetOptions)
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 128200.067ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 3.336ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.616ms
    WriteModifiedImportersToTextMetaFiles: 0.000ms
    CleanLegacyArtifacts: 0.000ms
    Scan: 6482.864ms
    OnSourceAssetsModified: 74.675ms
    UnregisterDeletedAssets: 0.000ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 0.488ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.141ms
    CategorizeAssets: 96.165ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 121417.042ms (50484.880ms without children)
    ImportManagerImport: 1089.979ms (10.974ms without children)
    ImportInProcess: 1078.958ms
    ImportOutOfProcess: 0.000ms
    UpdateCategorizedAssets: 0.047ms
    RemoteAssetCacheGetArtifact: 0.000ms (0.000ms without children)
    RemoteAssetCacheResolve: 0.000ms
    RemoteAssetCacheDownloadFile: 0.000ms
    CompileScripts: 56883.105ms
    PostProcessAllAssets: 12925.562ms
    ReloadImportedAssets: 0.002ms
    VerifyAssetsAreUpToDateAndCorrect: 0.000ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.205ms
    InitializingProgressBar: 20.876ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.520ms
    OnDemandSchedulerStart: 0.000ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 0.753ms
    InvokeProjectHasChanged: 0.000ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: 11.159ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 0.854ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.002ms
    Hotreload: 90.555ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.006ms
    VerifyGuidPMRegistrations: 0.000ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.002ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 1.642ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 0.542ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 2.836ms
    PersistCurrentRevisions: 0.000ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 11.735ms
    Untracked: 16.565ms
    Start importing ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset using Guid(00000000000000004000000000000000) Importer(-1,00000000000000000000000000000000)
    Done importing asset: 'ProjectSettings/ProjectSettings.asset' (target hash: '3e942bb05092d263612b6b4b66784a3e') in 0.055902 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.32 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Refresh completed in 0.604472 seconds.
    RefreshInfo: RefreshV2(ForceSynchronousImport)
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 599.270ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 20.656ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.118ms
    Scan: 132.666ms
    OnSourceAssetsModified: 0.000ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 5.745ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.163ms
    CategorizeAssets: 38.403ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 376.114ms (219.558ms without children)
    ImportManagerImport: 119.555ms (1.885ms without children)
    ImportInProcess: 117.598ms
    UpdateCategorizedAssets: 0.071ms
    CompileScripts: 0.000ms
    PostProcessAllAssets: 16.576ms
    ReloadImportedAssets: 0.002ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.230ms
    InitializingProgressBar: 0.002ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.166ms
    OnDemandSchedulerStart: 14.547ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 1.961ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: 3.517ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 0.902ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.117ms
    Hotreload: 7.205ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.012ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.223ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.010ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 0.918ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 4.091ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.056ms
    Untracked: 11.869ms
    Refresh completed in 0.211614 seconds.
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 211.568ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 0.706ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.108ms
    Scan: 196.410ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 5.623ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.000ms
    CategorizeAssets: 0.000ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 0.000ms (0.001ms without children)
    ImportManagerImport: 0.000ms (0.000ms without children)
    ImportInProcess: 0.000ms
    UpdateCategorizedAssets: 0.000ms
    PostProcessAllAssets: 0.000ms
    ReloadImportedAssets: 0.000ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.000ms
    InitializingProgressBar: 0.000ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.000ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 0.000ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: -0.001ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 0.000ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.000ms
    Hotreload: 0.095ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.015ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.136ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.125ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 3.740ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 1.024ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.025ms
    Untracked: 3.561ms
    Start importing ProjectSettings/EditorSettings.asset using Guid(0000000000000000c000000000000000) Importer(-1,00000000000000000000000000000000)
    Done importing asset: 'ProjectSettings/EditorSettings.asset' (target hash: 'd6f7909b12dd80e5f97504c28a7388f5') in 0.037338 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.81 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Refresh completed in 0.609454 seconds.
    RefreshInfo: RefreshV2(NoUpdateAssetOptions)
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 597.659ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 1.324ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.126ms
    Scan: 239.908ms
    OnSourceAssetsModified: 9.334ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 10.601ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.350ms
    CategorizeAssets: 104.783ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 152.556ms (11.294ms without children)
    ImportManagerImport: 93.833ms (5.078ms without children)
    ImportInProcess: 88.706ms
    UpdateCategorizedAssets: 0.049ms
    PostProcessAllAssets: 5.321ms
    ReloadImportedAssets: 0.003ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.685ms
    InitializingProgressBar: 0.004ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.640ms
    OnDemandSchedulerStart: 1.426ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 10.849ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: 28.501ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 3.931ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.257ms
    Hotreload: 1.543ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.011ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.214ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.069ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 2.450ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 19.132ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.125ms
    Untracked: 50.946ms
    Refresh completed in 0.142965 seconds.
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 142.929ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 1.322ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.165ms
    Scan: 100.171ms
    OnSourceAssetsModified: 0.001ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 4.854ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.172ms
    CategorizeAssets: 27.440ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 4.289ms (1.215ms without children)
    PostProcessAllAssets: 0.001ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.230ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.184ms
    OnDemandSchedulerStart: 0.636ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 2.025ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: -0.001ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 1.186ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.096ms
    Hotreload: 0.035ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.005ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.241ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.040ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 0.837ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 3.119ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.010ms
    Untracked: -1.053ms
    Launched and connected shader compiler UnityShaderCompiler.exe after 0.61 seconds
    Initializing Unity extensions:
    'C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityExtensions/Unity/UnityVR/Editor/UnityEditor.VR.dll' GUID: 4ba2329b63d54f0187bcaa12486b1b0f
    Opening scene 'Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity'
    Unloading 1 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    Loaded scene 'Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity'
    Deserialize: 84.846 ms
    Integration: 409.127 ms
    Integration of assets: 0.040 ms
    Thread Wait Time: 24.065 ms
    Total Operation Time: 518.078 ms
    System memory in use before: 47.8 MB.
    System memory in use after: 47.1 MB.

Unloading 1172 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1392.
    Total: 138.938900 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.526000 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.376700 ms MarkObjects: 130.701500 ms DeleteObjects: 6.331400 ms)

[MODES] Loading mode Default (0) for mode-current-id-FinalsSuper
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

<RI> Initializing input.

XInput1_3.dll not found. Trying XInput9_1_0.dll instead...
    <RI> Input initialized.

D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.
    [Project] Loading completed in 288.861 seconds ( ** New project created with template 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\ProjectTemplates\com.unity.template.3d-4.2.6.tgz' ** )
    Project init time: 12.908 seconds
    Template init time: 0.000 seconds
    Services packages init time: 0.000 seconds
    Package Manager init time: 0.000 seconds
    Asset Database init time: 0.000 seconds
    Global illumination init time: 0.000 seconds
    Assemblies load time: 0.000 seconds
    Unity extensions init time: 0.029 seconds
    Asset Database refresh time: 0.000 seconds
    Scene opening time: 4.032 seconds
    EditorUpdateCheck: Response {"latestversionstring":"2020.2.2f1 (068178b99f32)","latestversion":99999,"latestversionmessage":"A new version of Unity is available. Please update to the latest released version at your convenience. Release notes available on the download site. Click the \"Download Installer\" button.","updateurl":"https://unity3d.com/update/","updateinterval":3600} updateurl = https://unity3d.com/update/ interval = 3600

[0128/000043:ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(103)] Can't retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment.
    Refresh completed in 0.454686 seconds.
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 454.640ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 1.132ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.113ms
    Scan: 386.506ms
    OnSourceAssetsModified: 0.001ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 6.661ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.237ms
    CategorizeAssets: 46.679ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 6.697ms (1.823ms without children)
    PostProcessAllAssets: 0.001ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.431ms
    InitializingProgressBar: 0.001ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.267ms
    OnDemandSchedulerStart: 0.748ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 3.430ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: -0.003ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 1.764ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.138ms
    Hotreload: 0.228ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.012ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.188ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.114ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 0.915ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 4.452ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.014ms
    Untracked: -1.210ms
    Created GICache directory at C:/Users/benim/AppData/LocalLow/Unity/Caches/GiCache. Took: 1.447s, timestamps: [313.426 - 314.874]
    gi::BakeBackendSwitch: switching bake backend from 3 to 1.
    Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 117c -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 59c -> priority: 1
    TrimDiskCacheJob: Current cache size 0mb
    UPID request failed, Reason: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found (404).
    Unknown Unity Connect error (400). Please contact support at support@unity.com while processing request "https://core.cloud.unity3d.com/api/orgs/undefined/projects", HTTP error code 404
    .Refresh completed in 1.346318 seconds.
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 1345.384ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 35.813ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.352ms
    Scan: 1287.726ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 12.591ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.000ms
    CategorizeAssets: 0.000ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 0.000ms (0.005ms without children)
    PostProcessAllAssets: 0.000ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.000ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.000ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 0.000ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: -0.005ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 0.000ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.000ms
    Hotreload: 0.022ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.021ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 1.329ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 1.018ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 1.373ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 2.048ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.018ms
    Untracked: 3.073ms
    Adding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00af<RI> Initialized touch support.

Adding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00af<RI> Initialized touch support.

Adding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afAdding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00afStart importing Assets/Editor using Guid(833e12f1d550f2c4b96eb6fa3a5ea199) Importer(-1,00000000000000000000000000000000)
    Done importing asset: 'Assets/Editor' (target hash: 'ba5c3f3845f37ff170c1ae1dd5d9f325') in 0.016203 seconds
    Start importing Assets/Editor/Migration using Guid(784c1ed2aa16453488a41efb0eeae8ce) Importer(-1,00000000000000000000000000000000)
    Done importing asset: 'Assets/Editor/Migration' (target hash: '55f601364c59c655e0dfc0dcf0adc98e') in 0.024429 seconds
    Start importing Assets/Editor/Migration/EditorMigrationScripts.asmdef using Guid(f3a385ed4c943d742a2e7a85a3d4386d) Importer(-1,00000000000000000000000000000000)
    Done importing asset: 'Assets/Editor/Migration/EditorMigrationScripts.asmdef' (target hash: 'b4555e1ea4cc2cc64dfa1d1ba28893e2') in 0.033273 seconds
    Start importing Assets/Editor/Migration/AddVuforiaEnginePackage.cs using Guid(3bbef22eb814a9647b6c1f03e99d95da) Importer(-1,00000000000000000000000000000000)
    Done importing asset: 'Assets/Editor/Migration/AddVuforiaEnginePackage.cs' (target hash: '69badaf39df245af7895628b6cea21dd') in 0.304180 seconds
    [ScriptCompilation] Recompiling all scripts because: Assembly Definition File(s) changed
    AssetDatabase: script compilation time: 0.289351s
    - Starting script compilation
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.UI.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.TestRunner.dll in 6.090904 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.TestRunner.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEngine.UI.dll in 6.592293 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.TestRunner.dll in 4.403715 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.UI.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/UnityEditor.UI.dll in 1.51341 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Rider.Editor.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.dll in 4.257446 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.CollabProxy.Editor.dll in 4.261667 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.Editor.dll
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.VSCode.Editor.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Rider.Editor.dll in 4.535868 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/EditorMigrationScripts.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll in 5.643669 seconds
    - Starting compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/EditorMigrationScripts.dll in 4.561221 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.VSCode.Editor.dll in 4.954888 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.Editor.dll in 5.328803 seconds
    - Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.Timeline.Editor.dll in 7.260787 seconds
    - Finished script compilation in 24.06055 seconds
    Reloading assemblies after forced synchronous recompile.
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.23 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Refresh completed in 0.000021 seconds.
    Building style catalogs (6)
    StyleSheets/Extensions/base/common.uss
    StyleSheets/Northstar/common.uss
    StyleSheets/Extensions/fonts/inter.uss
    StyleSheets/Extensions/base/dark.uss
    Packages/com.unity.timeline/Editor/StyleSheets/Extensions/common.uss
    Packages/com.unity.timeline/Editor/StyleSheets/Extensions/dark.uss
    [MODES] Loading mode Default (0) for mode-current-id-FinalsSuper
    Refresh completed in 0.000003 seconds.
    - Completed reload, in 5.975 seconds
    Refreshing native plugins compatible for Editor in 0.36 ms, found 0 plugins.
    Refresh completed in 31.863767 seconds.
    RefreshProfiler: Total: 31857.138ms
    InvokeBeforeRefreshCallbacks: 1.091ms
    ApplyChangesToAssetFolders: 0.136ms
    Scan: 493.682ms
    OnSourceAssetsModified: 0.136ms
    InitializeImportedAssetsSnapshot: 11.912ms
    GetAllGuidsForCategorization: 0.417ms
    CategorizeAssets: 30.502ms
    ImportAndPostprocessOutOfDateAssets: 31279.071ms (6074.318ms without children)
    ImportManagerImport: 635.329ms (4.223ms without children)
    ImportInProcess: 630.986ms
    UpdateCategorizedAssets: 0.120ms
    CompileScripts: 24508.783ms
    PostProcessAllAssets: 51.161ms
    ReloadImportedAssets: 0.009ms
    EnsureUptoDateAssetsAreRegisteredWithGuidPM: 0.586ms
    InitializingProgressBar: 0.004ms
    PostProcessAllAssetNotificationsAddChangedAssets: 0.237ms
    OnDemandSchedulerStart: 0.584ms
    RestoreLoadedAssetsState: 2.054ms
    UpdateImportedAssetsSnapshot: 6.006ms
    ReloadSourceAssets: 1.479ms
    UnloadImportedAssets: 0.562ms
    Hotreload: 18.808ms
    FixTempGuids: 0.007ms
    GatherAllCurrentPrimaryArtifactRevisions: 0.257ms
    UnloadStreamsBegin: 0.149ms
    LoadedImportedAssetsSnapshotReleaseGCHandles: 0.389ms
    GetLoadedSourceAssetsSnapshot: 4.600ms
    UnloadStreamsEnd: 0.011ms
    Untracked: 13.929ms
    Adding genesis user token LZuWUBTrpAW7I0iPgH1FsXxXaCf2wGO8GI5q7gY0M1s00af

JKaraki likes this.
  14. DavidZobrist

DavidZobrist

Same Problem also using Steam VR. The git branched project opens on one machine but not on the other, stuck on "Resolving packages" so maybe something related outside the editor that is required to be loaded.

15. milox777

milox777

Same popup is spamming "Resolving packages..." infinitely on 2020.2.4 on BoatAttack sample project upgraded from previous version.

16. unity-freestyle

unity-freestyle

This also happens with me on a new 2020.2.4 project.
    Does not happen when using the latest 2020.1 version.

17. wolfkillshepard

wolfkillshepard

UPDATE: Removing anima2d asset from my game, since I am no longer using it, seemed to fix my problem on relaunch. Not sure why my package manager loads now after removing that asset manually.

My unity 2020.2.4f1 is also stuck fetching packages. I upgraded a unity 2018 project to 2020. Seemed to carry over decent enough except as soon as I upgraded I can no longer use the package manager.

here is the package manifest of the packages it is trying to populate. The game runs fine but not being able to use the package manager limiting now.

Code (CSharp):
    1. {
    2.   "dependencies": {
    3.     "com.unity.2d.animation": "5.0.3",
    4.     "com.unity.2d.pixel-perfect": "4.0.1",
    5.     "com.unity.2d.psdimporter": "4.0.2",
    6.     "com.unity.2d.sprite": "1.0.0",
    7.     "com.unity.2d.spriteshape": "5.1.0",
    8.     "com.unity.2d.tilemap": "1.0.0",
    9.     "com.unity.ads": "3.6.1",
    10.     "com.unity.analytics": "3.5.3",
    11.     "com.unity.collab-proxy": "1.3.9",
    12.     "com.unity.ide.rider": "2.0.7",
    13.     "com.unity.ide.visualstudio": "2.0.5",
    14.     "com.unity.ide.vscode": "1.2.3",
    15.     "com.unity.purchasing": "2.2.2",
    16.     "com.unity.test-framework": "1.1.20",
    17.     "com.unity.textmeshpro": "3.0.1",
    18.     "com.unity.timeline": "1.2.6",
    19.     "com.unity.ugui": "1.0.0",
    20.     "com.unity.xr.legacyinputhelpers": "2.1.7",
    21.     "com.unity.modules.ai": "1.0.0",
    22.     "com.unity.modules.androidjni": "1.0.0",
    23.     "com.unity.modules.animation": "1.0.0",
    24.     "com.unity.modules.assetbundle": "1.0.0",
    25.     "com.unity.modules.audio": "1.0.0",
    26.     "com.unity.modules.cloth": "1.0.0",
    27.     "com.unity.modules.director": "1.0.0",
    28.     "com.unity.modules.imageconversion": "1.0.0",
    29.     "com.unity.modules.imgui": "1.0.0",
    30.     "com.unity.modules.jsonserialize": "1.0.0",
    31.     "com.unity.modules.particlesystem": "1.0.0",
    32.     "com.unity.modules.physics": "1.0.0",
    33.     "com.unity.modules.physics2d": "1.0.0",
    34.     "com.unity.modules.screencapture": "1.0.0",
    35.     "com.unity.modules.terrain": "1.0.0",
    36.     "com.unity.modules.terrainphysics": "1.0.0",
    37.     "com.unity.modules.tilemap": "1.0.0",
    38.     "com.unity.modules.ui": "1.0.0",
    39.     "com.unity.modules.uielements": "1.0.0",
    40.     "com.unity.modules.umbra": "1.0.0",
    41.     "com.unity.modules.unityanalytics": "1.0.0",
    42.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequest": "1.0.0",
    43.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestassetbundle": "1.0.0",
    44.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestaudio": "1.0.0",
    45.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequesttexture": "1.0.0",
    46.     "com.unity.modules.unitywebrequestwww": "1.0.0",
    47.     "com.unity.modules.vehicles": "1.0.0",
    48.     "com.unity.modules.video": "1.0.0",
    49.     "com.unity.modules.vr": "1.0.0",
    50.     "com.unity.modules.wind": "1.0.0",
    51.     "com.unity.modules.xr": "1.0.0"
    52.   }
    53. }
    thanks for everyones time, we will figure something out

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  18. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

Sorry that you're having this problem and thanks for reporting it. There seems to be something wrong with 2020.2.4 specifically.

We have a lead that this could be related to code attempting to install a package for building Linux players. This would happen when the Project Settings window is open, including when it's docked and not an active tab. If this is your case, could you try clicking on the Toolchain Management section and unchecking Install toolchain package automatically option to see if this solves your issue? (See attached screenshot.) You can also try closing the Project Settings window, but this isn't a really practical workaround if you ever need to use it to view or change settings.

If unchecking the option or closing the Project Settings window does not solve the issue, it would be very helpful if you could share some specifics with us:

1) What operating system are you using, and what version?
    2) Did you install and launch through the Unity Hub?
    3) Does this happen the first time you open the project or only when you re-open it?
    4) Does it happen immediately upon opening the project? When opening a scene? (Which, if using the BoatAttack project?) When you interact with the Package Manager? Or some other window?
    5) Do you see errors in the console, such as compilation errors?
    6) Did you modify the project before this started happening, such as importing an Asset Store package you owned or added a Package from the Unity Registry?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  19. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @wolfkillshepard,

This thread is about a different issue that what you seem to be experiencing. I see you wrote on a different thread related to "Fetching packages..." listed in the Package Manager window, which seems to be a better match for your issue.

20. Havyx

Havyx

Upgraded from 2020.2.3f1 to 2020.2.4f1 and had the same issue. Disabling "Install toolchain package automatically" did fix it.

The message shown when it was constantly trying to resolve packages: "Installing required linux toolchain package failed" The read more link pointed to this:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.sysroot@0.1/manual/index.html

Can also confirm closing the docked (inactive) project settings window also fixed it (with the option to install toolchain package automatically enabled).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  21. unity-freestyle

unity-freestyle

Can confirm that disabling "Install toolchain package automatically" under the ProjectSettings menu fixes it.

Thanks!

supita_unity and maximeb_unity like this.
  22. ChristianWiele

ChristianWiele

Unchecking the automatic installation of the toolchain packages fixed it for me as well.

Nateeeeeeeeeee and maximeb_unity like this.
  23. BigHandInSky

BigHandInSky

Can also confirm that unchecking that toggle worked,

For me I was upgrading from 2020.2.0f1, where this wasn't occurring, to 2020.2.5f1. This was the first time I've ever encountered this issue.

I'm running on windows with the Linux Build Support (Mono) module installed (along with Mac Mono, WebGL, & Windows IL2CPP. But I've had this setup for a few versions now and hadn't encountered this bug)

maximeb_unity likes this.
  24. unity-freestyle

unity-freestyle

Not sure, but it seems that this bug only happens if there are external packages in the manifest.json, like, from other sources that are not from com.unity.*

25. Havyx

Havyx

Still happening in 2020.2.5f1.

Isn't the Linux Toolchain Package required for Linux builds using IL2CPP? If so I'm not sure unchecking the box solves the issue. Does this mean we need to manually install the required package as mentioned here?:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.sysroot@0.1/manual/index.html

26. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Havyx ,

Yes, it's required. The problem is just that it enters a "no-op" installation loop. Disabling the checkbox breaks this chain. As soon as it succeeded installing at least once, you'll be fine, no need for manual installation. (The looping issue is being fixed for all supported Unity versions which have this automatic install option.)

Havyx likes this.
  27. Mnemotic

Mnemotic

Unchecking "Install toolchain packages automatically" fixed this issue for me. Running Unity 2020.2.6f1 on Win10 20H2, build 19042.804, if that matters.

supita_unity likes this.
  28. Mac-handler

Mac-handler

Unchecking "Install toolchain packages automatically" fixed this issue for me. Running Unity 2019.4.21f1
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!

29. OneManArmy3D

OneManArmy3D

Still in 2020.2.7f1
    You know cause, so why not fix the problem?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  30. JuDelCo

JuDelCo

Same here (2020.3.0f1), for me, unchecking the "Install toolchain packages automatically" fixes it but is not being saved to the project, so next time I open the project (and the project settings window) the toolchain gets installed again u_u

There is an issue tracker link available?

31. supita_unity

supita_unity

Unity Technologies

32. biggestboss

biggestboss

Just ran into this issue in 2020.3.0f1.21, and not gonna lie, but this was so immensely frustrating that it was the closest I've been to switching away from Unity forever. I can confirm that checking off the 'Install toolchain packages automatically' worked and it stayed checked off after restarting the Editor as well.

cm, Ghat-Smith and OneManArmy3D like this.
  33. SUUNE

SUUNE

Resolving packages poping up forever just happend to me on fresh project after importing new input system to the project.
    Unchecking 'Install toolchain packages automatically' helped... it was stuck on building "something" for linux.
    I hope it will not cause any problems later...

Ghat-Smith likes this.
  34. Ghat-Smith

Ghat-Smith

Same problem. I created a new fresh project with the new Unity version (2021.1.0f1) and it's stuck on Resolving Packages (I killed the process one hour later). The only way to open the project is to use the -noUpm command.
    And I can't find the Toolchain Management section in the projet settings.

EDIT : I managed to open the project after manually removing all dependencies in manifest.json

cm likes this.
  35. Deleted User

Deleted User

I had the same problem, the toolchain section is here.

Attached Files:

36. Ghat-Smith

Ghat-Smith

Unfortunately the Toolchain section doesn't appears in my project settings (Unity 2021.1.0f1).
    I guess it's coming from a specific package or Unity module.

Attached Files:

37. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @Ghat-Smith,

If you don't have that section in your project settings, then yours is likely a different problem. The problem with the Toolchain installation was that it kept re-resolving packages, not that it got stuck doing it once, which seems to be what's happening to you.

I suggest you open a bug report (see https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting) in order to get support for your issue. Ideally, first reproduce the issue, then use your workaround to be able to launch Unity and report the issue. This should attach both the Editor.log files of your current session (not super useful) and your previous session, the one you killed (more likely to be helpful).

You can include details such as which Editor versions you tried (if any other). Attaching your normal project manifest.json, with the dependencies you normally need, would also help.

38. ice_frogN

ice_frogN

Toolchain section doesn't appears in my project settings too. (Unity 2019.4.22f1)

39. socialtrens

socialtrens

Do you not set "timeout" for this? Please implement timeout, if more than 30 seconds the server not responding throw an error, not just waiting forever!

DigitalIPete2 likes this.
  40. DigitalIPete2

DigitalIPete2

Hey anyone please tell me, is this the same problem when you FIRST initialise a Unity Project? I'm currently at 25 mins and waiting for Unity to open... Sheeesh!

Westland likes this.
  41. Westland

Westland

You aint alone, Pete. Every time I create a new project, it's stuck for some 20-25 minutes on 'Resolving Packages' also

a436t4ataf and DigitalIPete2 like this.
  42. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247

Neither are you West. I left it running over night for a total 15 hours of being busy and stuck on resolving packages on my girlfriend's computer. I've gotten to a point where the Unity editor stopped not responding in the task manager but that didn't do anything for the progress bar. Still just sitting at the same position.

Weird thing is I got it installed on my computer which is the exact same setup as hers so I'm a bit confused as to why I can't get it working on hers. She has all the requirements and more than adequate amounts of space on her drive.

Westland likes this.
  43. MrNacho777

MrNacho777

I'm in the exact scenario as this guy, i have no toolchain section and im getting this problem

44. MrNacho777

MrNacho777

actually my problem is slightly different all i see is Fetching packages... when i try to access unity registry. I've got the same problem on every project, changing unity version doesnt help.

45. MrNacho777

MrNacho777

I think the problem started after i tried to import a package from github.

lupin4 and Westland like this.
  46. threebeerhonesty

threebeerhonesty

I have this reproducible in 2022.1.6f1. Install SteamVR and the package manager hangs infinitely. Works again when removed.

47. scidhuv

scidhuv

I fixed this by moving the project folder from a NAS location to my local disk.
    Took me an insane amount of trouble to get there, no idea why this fix is not known by Unity staff.

48. LoveForCosmog

LoveForCosmog

i fixed this problem by waiting, after some time the packages were loaded

49. squall-leonhart

squall-leonhart

Apparently It was downloading and compiling packages from Unity. What I did was to kill the "forever resolving packages" unity instances via Task Manager and then create a default empty Unity project and use the Package Manager to download "essential" packages like URP, HDRP and others manually. After that I don't have the issues anymore when creating new projects

Westland likes this.
  50. maahadmin

maahadmin

i delete the manifest.json file and it fixed
    in the package folder