Search Unity

Unity stuck/frozen at Initial Asset Database Refresh.

Discussion in 'Asset Database' started by iceherosubzero, Mar 24, 2022.

1. iceherosubzero

iceherosubzero

upload_2022-3-24_13-8-42.png

Hello All,
    I recently installed Unity version 2021.2.15f1 from Unity Hub and Unity version 2021.2.9f1.
    And I am unable to even load/open/ a new empty project on both the versions mentioned above.

It is stuck at Initial Asset Database Refresh.

Any idea what is causing this freeze.

I have Unity 2020.3.25f1 (64-bit) also installed on the same machine but it has no such problems and is working fine.

Regards,
    iceheros

2. kashifkhan46

kashifkhan46

reinstall it .. got the same problem but now ficed

3. iceherosubzero

iceherosubzero

dan_ginovker likes this.
  4. ElderMaxonNet

ElderMaxonNet

We are having the same problem. We had the same problem 1 year ago. Recreating our project was torture. We did other parts of our project for 4 months. we never opened unity and now we have the same problem again. We have done a lot of research but no solution. what kind of software are you developing!!! now it will cost us maybe 2 weeks to rebuild this project. I regret that I chose Unity :(

5. senchov

senchov

I found an approach how to resolve it. My project is pushed to git, so I open it in Explorer and deleted all files that weren't C# code. Literally all assets, except.cs files. Approximately 60Gb. With these settings, the project opens easily. The next step discards assets folder by folder. In my case that was three folders approximately 20Gb each.

6. dan_ginovker

dan_ginovker

7. anatolyV

anatolyV

Just for posterity's sake, I hit this issue after a crash after tabbing back into Unity from Rider. Deleting the Temp folder fixed the issue with no long reimport required.