Search Unity

Unity stops responding on compile

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Roldo, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Roldo

Roldo

Hello. I have an issue with unity version 2018.3.5f1. After i make any change in my code, unity automatically compiles the scripts and usually stops responding(with like.. 75% chance). I dont know how to fix the issue: i already tried rolling back the update but nothing seems to help. Please help, as its really annoying to restart editor with task manager every time i want to change a string in my code.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Are you sure the editor isn't actually just busy still compiling? Depending on your computer hardware and the size of your project, it can actually take a while to complete.

3. drcrck

drcrck

You're not doing it in playmode, right?

Yeah it's annoying so I made an AutoHotkey script that instantly kills Unity when I press Pause :D
    Code (csharp):
    1. Pause::Run, taskkill /im Unity.exe /f

4. doctorpangloss

doctorpangloss

Try disabling Windows Defender and any antivirus software you may be running.

Also, try Reimport All.

5. Roldo

Roldo

Yes, im am sure, because i guess if it was compiling there was at least some cpu activity, whereas its just drops to 0% :( And my project is not that big(somewhat around 1k lines of code) and should compile pretty fast on my hardware(i7-8700k overclocked, 32gb ram)

6. WarmedxMints

WarmedxMints

Your overclock may not be as stable as you think and could be causing erros. Try setting your cpu back to stock.