Search Unity

Unity Stock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AlanMattano, May 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neoshaman

neoshaman

Thanks I needed to know the word "broker", there is no one in my immediate social circle than know anything about the financial world, my only education is eavesdropping discussion like that lol. I'm probably too poor to participate right now, my question was more a rhetorical probing to get some information.

2. No problem, ask away any time! And one thing: don't think about investing only if you have excess you can lose, you never know, even if "looks sure" that you make it back. In this sense (and only in this sense it's a bit like gambling). But if you arrive there and think about investing, feel free to ask questions and always do your homework before put any money on anything.

neoshaman likes this.
  3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It is possible there is more down coming for the whole market and especially for stocks like Unity which are performing even worse than the already free falling stock market.

(with that said, there are ways to make money when things go down as well...)

(if you are looking into brokers, look into IBKR)

(I don't think this is a good time for someone new to start trading though)

(this is not financial advice blah blah, I'm an idiot, do what you want)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    Ryiah likes this.
  4. Ryiah

Ryiah

Which in my opinion is great because I'm just buying low and selling high over a one to two week span of time and looking at the history of the stock it never fluctuates that much over that time frame aside from the periods. If it's only going to shift around by ~$10 it's better that it does it way low since then I can have more shares at once.

Once you decide to try it you will want to shop around for a good broker. Ideally one that will let you set up triggers to auto-buy and sell stock that way if you're worried about it diving you can set it up to sell before it goes too low.

Watch out for any fees that they have too. Free trading is common but some of them will have fees on non-trading activities like withdrawing money from the platform.

In my case I spent around a month researching brokers as well as reading up on terminology.

Long term Unity's stock should shoot right back up but an ETF would be much less risky while giving you long term growth. Just as an example the S&P 500 has had drops at due to recessions but it has never dropped below where it was two years prior to them.

There is always a first of course but I trust that if it goes down it will rise again once the economy recovers as it's representing many of the largest companies in the world. If it were to truly fail it's very likely your money wouldn't have much value regardless of what form it is in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SPY+stock
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S&P_500_companies

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    neoshaman and Antypodish like this.
  5. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

We're going close this down. It is off-topic for his forum, and mostly just arguing (which has been cleaned).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.