Search Unity

Unity Statistics Facts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by devel, Oct 16, 2009.

1. devel

devel

Hi folks,

I will be holding a presentation at my company to show our progress in the last half year.
    Also I want to show the progress of Unity in the last half year to convince the last sceptics
    how the hell we are on the right road :)!!

Since we are developing for the web these facts are mostly interesting to me.

Things I would be intersted in:
    - Unity has doubled (sales staff): how many ppl are u guys now and how many licenses are spread the world?
    - Growth of Plugin distribution in the last half year / number of installed plugins
    - Big new clients: Electronic Arts,..
    - Big new games
    - Unity is the fastest growing platform
    - etc

You have any other cool news?
    Dont hesitate to boast :))..!!

2. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

FWIW, tossing a post like this on the forums and hoping one of us sees it is not the best plan if you truly need this information. Writing us directly or pinging a moderator is generally more advisable. With that in mind, I'm here now so... :)

The company has almost 50 people in total now, up from roughly 20 at the start of the year (so we've now more than doubled, that "doubled" is old news y'know!). How many licenses around the world? Thousands and thousands!

We haven't released a hard total number as the data is a bit muddled, but right now the total install based is in the 15M+ range, that's up from barely a few million a year ago. On top of that we're running in the 1M new installs per month range.

All of our news goes on our site so keep an eye there, but you've captured the big one for now and that's the pending release of EA's Tiger Woods online. The console world's #1 golf game, goes online, with Unity. Awesome.

If you have specific Q's then post up and we'll answer more! :)

3. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Well, since you asked...

Unity is made of flying ninjas!

Note that it's not made by ninjas. That would be clearly incorrect, since it is made by programmers. There is some dispute as to what Unity is made of, however, but it is largely an issue of semantics. We all know that it is made of 100% pure unfiltered awesomeness, but many will point out that the only way to get such concentrated awesomeness is by crushing flying Ninjas (and, as you mentioned, baking them in a pre-heated plasma oven). Both answers are technically correct (and should be added to all FAQs).

4. devel

devel

Hey flying ninja,

thanks for all the awesomeness.
    I will see whether this info will find its way
    to the presentation ;) (fingers crossed..)..

:)

5. ctedin

ctedin

Lots and lots of interest from my game design students. Also unofficial word that our school system is very much interested in using Unity as a development platform system-wide. For the obvious reasons, it's a great tool to teach gaming concepts. (I was the head of the department a few years ago, and would have LOVED this when we were starting up the game design program.) I am full-speed learning it, and teach whomever I can get. there are a few other instructors who are also getting pretty good at it.