Search Unity

Unity SSR Solution for URP

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JoshuaLim007, Apr 13, 2023.

1. JoshuaLim007

JoshuaLim007

Github: JoshuaLim007/Unity-ScreenSpaceReflections-URP: SSR solution for Unity URP (github.com)

I finished a screen space reflection shader a little while ago and thought I should share it on the Unity Forums. It works on Unity URP 12 and newer. So, Unity 2021 LTS and above. It runs reasonably well around 2 ms for both the Hi-Z buffer generation and the multi-pass reflection shader on a rtx 3070 at 1440p. Built it specifically for desktop and haven't tested it on mobile or xr devices.

I believe this is the only screen space reflection solution other than Shiny-SSR. Most what I've seen are either planar shaders or material bound reflections shaders.

Screenshots:

2. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Looks great, amazed no one else has replied. Looking forward to giving it a go. Well done :)

JoshuaLim007 likes this.
  3. Saismirk

Saismirk

How can this be used with custom lighting models? That is, to access the SSR result like the URP Lit shader would?

4. JoshuaLim007

JoshuaLim007

Sorry for the late reply.
    I store the results of the SSR within the following render target name:
    uniform sampler2D _ReflectedColorMap;

You can sample this texture like any other texture like this:
    float4 reflectedUv = tex2D(_ReflectedColorMap, i.uv);

Despite the name, this texture contains only the reflected normalized screen space position in the r and g channels. The b channel contains the smoothness value and the alpha channel contains the reflection mask value. I haven't designed this solution around custom lighting models so this is just a workaround..

5. RogDolos

RogDolos

This looks spectacular. Any chance on a Forward+ version of this?

Julian-Unity3D and bdb400 like this.
  6. Julian-Unity3D

Julian-Unity3D

Unity Technologies

I wouldn't mind seeing a Forward+ version of this!