Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Shuts Down When Open Projects

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CodeChomper, Oct 10, 2018.

1. CodeChomper

CodeChomper

All of the sudden Unity crashes when I try to open a existing project or creating a new project. I have the error log but not sure what to do with it. I have searched and tried removing library folder and tmp folder trick no luck I have tried running in offline mode which was suggested by a few people no luck. I am so lost...

Please help!

Attached Files:

2. ShayneBurbery

ShayneBurbery

For what it's worth I have started experiencing the exact same symptom with the exact same crash in the log. Yours is just the first thing I found when searching for an answer. I updated my graphics driver with no effect. Windows has just updated so perhaps that is the cause. I am about to use the bug reporting tool to send my log and report to the Unity team so perhaps you should too.

3. CodeChomper

CodeChomper

Thank you I thought I was all alone on this, I will look into submitting a bug when I get home. The bummer is I have a Unity project due tomorrow and I tried all night last night to get the editor up with no luck. I hope I can get it working tonight!!!

4. ShayneBurbery

ShayneBurbery

I have managed to get the Editor to run by using a command line option to launch it:
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Unity.exe -force-glcore

this is because the issue seems to be DX or graphics driver related so by forcing it to use Open GL that gets around the issue - for now.

This is not ideal but at least I can get by until the next windows or driver update.

5. CodeChomper

CodeChomper

Ok so that worked for me too, thank you so much! I wonder if I can get my old graphics driver since that was working fine.

6. ShayneBurbery

ShayneBurbery

I have sorted out my issue by uninstalling Citrix Workspace.

When looking at the windows logs it shows an error code which with some searching led me to this discussion:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...launch-with-access-violation-0xc0000005-error

There is no explanation of WHY it was causing the crash, simply a question asking if the person with the problem had it installed.

As soon as I uninstalled Citrix Workspace the problem disappeared.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Oh man, same here, also with the Citrix Workspace installed. :(
    And adding the "-force-glcore" helped, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2018