Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Shooter Engine 2.1 - Crossplatform version plus Documentation

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by _Slava, Nov 24, 2011.

1. _Slava

_Slava

### EDIT: Current version is 2.4 - visit http://the3daction.com for details ###

What is Shooter Engine?:

• Shooter template system for Unity.
    • Very customizable FPS and sample TPS Player prefabs - you can change any setting you want.
    • Various types of AI - Enemies, Friends, NPC, Animals, Zombies... All AIs can use one of two types of pathfinding - Internal or A* Pathfinding by Aron Granberg.
    • You can build the levels, set different conditions to finish them, and then to load the levels from the main menu.
    • Intros (as Intro levels, or playing at level start or using Trigger script), Underwater system, Radar and many other features - visit my site for the full list of features.
    • It is crossplatform.

What's new in 2.4:

• Enhanced headbobbing for FPS Player - it can have movement along 3 axes and rotation around 3 axes (FPSCamera script).
    • TPS camera uses character animation when reloading, weapon switching, and when player damaged and damage animation is playing. First person camera target's position and rotation used for camera positioning. You can adjust it initial position and rotation for best result.
    • Enemy Respawns scripts were rewritten and optimized. Now array of different enemies can be assigned. At respawn time, a random enemy is selected from that array to respawn.
    • LevelStatus script now has 2 new parameters - "max enemies on the level" and "max friends on the level". Respawns paused, when this number reached, awaiting enemy killing or deactivating. Set to 0 to disable this feature.
    • Updated AI scripts. Now they have "Flee probability" parameter (0...1). If equal 1, AI always flee instead of attack. When AI flees, AI uses any suitable waypoint placed on the level for movement direction, instead of waypoints with his group name. "Panic" sound can be played when AI flees.
    • Radar now can be turned into navigation system (like Google Navigation). To make it work, Player must have NavMeshAgent or AIFollow script attached. To set/unset/change radar navigation target, Trigger script can be used.
    • Negative score (LevelStatus script). You can set negative score for any AI in CharacterDamage/DamageReciever scripts. When total amount reaches LevelStatus negative score threshold, game over screen shown.
    • Game Over screen. Used with negative score or when Player died and no more lives are left. GameStatus script has a setting for it.
    • Improved damage animations for AIs and TPS Player.
    • Improved PlayerSpeech script.
    • Many improvements and bugfixes in many other scripts.

Also, all features of lastest version can be seen in this video:

Webplayer Zombies Demos:

Zombie Demo FPS

Zombie Demo TPS

Also, you can download Android versions of these demos on my site (from webplayer demo pages).

Full list of features:
    http://the3daction.com/unity-shooter-engine/list-of-features

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. Duskling

Duskling

Jesus, looks great!

I am going to test out the webplayer right away!

EDIT:

It's awesome, I would love to purchase this for some sort of project some day!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  3. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Can we get a video of your mobile tests please?

4. _Slava

_Slava

Here is the link:
    http://youtu.be/lL1Y31b3HG8

This is just my first test on Android and the video is a little old - no enemies still here and locomotion player causes low frame rate. Maybe, I will make new video soon...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  5. Maurice-Hoffman

Maurice-Hoffman

Hello Slava, it looks great but i have a question ? Can we do without the locomotion system for Player ? Maybe use the third person controller of the Angry bots demo. I am no fan of the locomotion system I want some more arcade feeling controls.

Keep up the good work.

6. elias_t

elias_t

Wow! The Angry Orcs demo is great!

Congratulations on the new release.
    It seems production-ready stable.

7. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

I have to agree with this, its really the only thing holding me back from purchase. Thank you for the mobile videos by the way! I'm not a fan of locomotion at all and as you even say its killing the frame-rate on mobile. So just like for the AI it would be nice to have the option to use it or not.

8. _Slava

_Slava

Yes, I plan to include non locomotion tps player - just it was not ready yet for 2.1. It takes more time then I expect. I'm already not fan of locomotion too, when it comes to mobiles)))

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

so I bought the package..first thing I noticed..the level shown, angry orcs third person..is not included with the package I just purchased from your website..also the front page of the documentation is of a level not included..?? I cannot seem to move the camera up and down with the TPS, I can with the FPS...

am I missing something here??

p-

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  10. TehWut

TehWut

Looks Awesome!! The Angry Orcs demo was great!

11. bgivenb

bgivenb

I bought the earlier version, so I should be able to get the new version free, right?

12. jin76

jin76

Looks Great !

13. _Slava

_Slava

bgivenb - yes, if you bought it less then year ago.
    ForceVFX - Angry Orcs contains paid models. They were provided to me on condition I will not distribute them.
    All scripts are same as in 2.1 - only Angry Bots image camera effects were used and shaders. I can send you one additional script which controls these effects on player and ragdoll cameras, if you want.
    I did not understand yet - why tps camera can not be moved????

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's called bait and switch..showing potential customers one thing, and when they buy it..they recieve something different
    ..the scripts may be the same..but not all customers who buy this are just using and modifying the scripts, like me.
    something to think about...

I have some free models of equal quality, converted from dts (old torque3D models..free license) maby we can help each other??

I was just looking for two things...
    1). a solid game framework, and bullet marks,decals and blood splatters., now I have the code for both..its up to me to learn from and extend them..

the default input settings are probably overwritten by the (new) game pad input scripts. i'll figure it out. or I'll just drop the soldier cam in.
    also you moved the locomotion package to plugins directory (so it compiles first), I am no longer able to add groups through the locomotion editor...no big deal. just curious why. I just moved it back.....

and climbing is broke...I can not move away from the ladder once I started to climb..it's stuck in climb mode..trigger issue??
    again, just liitle things..

p-

15. PolyMad

PolyMad

I don't know if it's a problem of your controller but the char gets stuck everywhere, at walls, objects, other characters, that's not nice.

16. _Slava

_Slava

ForceVFX - I will write on my site that this demo is not included in the pack. About models - ok, we can. I will send you the demo without old models.....
    about locomotion - it works for me, I have set up several models already. You have to put them back to Plugins when you will switch to mobile platform - just because my scripts in JS.
    about climbing - jump aborts climbing.

megmaltese - I used standard Character Motor script. this script is just a collection of glitches. I'm thinking about it. I made 2 fixes already to it for 2.1 - to sliding and when character was stopped on box colliders.

17. xenoblackinc

xenoblackinc

i think the upgrades for the engine should be free for the customers who paid already. It's been over a year since i had the engine i dont like the fact that you want the customer to pay again for the upgrade. something has to be done about that. locomotion sucks for tps characters. we have to chat i have some marketing ideas for the u.s.e

18. U7Games

U7Games

very nice ..!

19. RTshaders

RTshaders

Looks awesome,keep up the good work!

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

SORRY, I did a fresh install, no problems..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2011
  21. RoyS

RoyS

Is this written in C# or javascript? I'm thinking of adding inventory and crafting like in Fallout.

22. _Slava

_Slava

RoyS - in JS.

I have found the code in Character Motor, which causes Player to stuck on the walls and other objects.
    I'm testing now other improvements in the player/AIs movements, and I will reupload the project soon.
    Anyway, if you use standard Character Motor, simple find this code:

Code (csharp):
    2.     var oldHVelocity : Vector3 = new Vector3(velocity.x, 0, velocity.z);
    3.     movement.velocity = (tr.position - lastPosition) / Time.deltaTime;
    4.     var newHVelocity : Vector3 = new Vector3(movement.velocity.x, 0, movement.velocity.z);
    6.     // The CharacterController can be moved in unwanted directions when colliding with things.
    7.     // We want to prevent this from influencing the recorded velocity.
    8.     if (oldHVelocity == Vector3.zero) {
    9.         movement.velocity = new Vector3(0, movement.velocity.y, 0);
    10.     }
    11.     else {
    12.         var projectedNewVelocity : float = Vector3.Dot(newHVelocity, oldHVelocity) / oldHVelocity.sqrMagnitude;
    13.         movement.velocity = oldHVelocity * Mathf.Clamp01(projectedNewVelocity) + movement.velocity.y * Vector3.up;
    14.     }
    And remove to hell all lines, exept this one:

Code (csharp):
    1.     movement.velocity = (tr.position - lastPosition) / Time.deltaTime;

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User

I hope this is the place for customer feeback. The first thing, since I have worked on an earlier version.
    I have noticed you have moved your unity/js script to a much more class base architectecure. Kudos!!

try using a trigger collider at the base of the ladder, trigger 'climb' state.
    and a 'topOfLadder' trigger at the top to go back to locomotion?

I think thats why you moved locomotion to plugins,
    so you can use the overide "effect" value on arm IK.?
    thats leads me to a second point.

your set up is 'left arm centric'. (rifle)

I see you put the arm IK into a new class, at least now I can add both
    left arm (rifle aiming) and right arm (for pistol aiming) and adust the value of the effect in code at runtime.
    But on your intial TPS soldier setup, the Arm IK is set to left Shoulder, but the Head Look is set to the right hand...why?? (just curious)

for next release would you consider in tps animation extending Tps Jumping just like you did with Tps animation.
    being able to add elemets based upon current weapon state. 0 jump no weapon / 1 jump w/ pistol / 2 jump w rifle.

also adding a Tps Right Hand Class: (again, what about the good ol hand gun??)

my two cents..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  24. phex

phex

I´ve bought version 1.0 less than a year ago (my Download-ID is still working)

Where can i download the update version ?
    I can not find it.

Please PM me with details, purchase date was 22. December 2010.

Edit: sorry, it was the 10th December.
    Tried to use my ID to download the update, but i can only download version 1.0 again.

Edit2.0: Problem solved, thanks Slava.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  25. impheris

impheris

download link to demo will be great... really, i hate webplayer demos jaja

26. cloudfun

cloudfun

hi slava
    im trying to do a very simple FPS level with use 2.1
    i made a scena very simple ad ir compiles and execute on my ipad
    the player shoots
    the ingame mobile menu works ok
    the right touchpad works ok

but, the left mobile control looks like if doesnt work or i dont khow how configure cause
    im not able to walk, the controls activates, but
    how i must configure towalk?
    can you help me?
    thanks in advance

27. _Slava

_Slava

Hi cloudfun!

Try to uncheck "use keyboard" in fpsanimation script. Or, maybe, movement joystick is not assigned. Also uncheck "use keyboard" in fpscamera script in your player prefab.

28. cloudfun

cloudfun

thanks a lot , it was the problem
    i uncheck both of them and it moves

thanks again

can i ask you when you think will be the new version without locomotion?
    i would like to do something on mobile platform , and you khow, locomotion is not good on that

29. WillModelForFood

WillModelForFood

You know what would make this project so much better? (Even though it's already amazing)

A cover system. Procedural Gears of war / shadowgun / mgs type. I've started seeing Gameloft use nice basic cover systems on their mobile third person shooters and its really great. I think this project would attract a lot more buyers if you implemented it. I would kill for a cover system.

30. cloudfun

cloudfun

hi slava your page the3daction.com is closed.

you moved? is something wrong?

you forum or support is over?

31. _Slava

_Slava

I have uploaded new update - 2.2
    See new webplayers or download android demo .apk - http://the3daction.com/

cloudfun - I need to pay for hosting every month, and sometimes I'm too late.

32. EclipseGamesLLC

EclipseGamesLLC

im trying to buy the pack with paypal but its not letting me.....

33. SevenBits

SevenBits

Looks really good!

34. Venged

Venged

This looks great. I am leaning towards buying it. how are the scripts? I might want to remove the locomotion stuff, but that is not a show stopper.

Nice job!

Venged

35. SevenBits

SevenBits

I have one concern, though. How adaptable is this script, I.e how easily can you add new guns, etc?

36. _Slava

_Slava

SevenBits - I made it expecially for this. I tried to make a simple customization of most things, wherever possible. players, weapons, enemies... plus you can adjust many settings in the scripts. This is my attempt to make a universal framework for shooters)

Venged - I plan to remove a locomotion from the project soon.

lvampirel - which error does it show? you can try 2Checkout, it works always fine, also you can find an option to pay with paypal on one of steps

37. EclipseGamesLLC

EclipseGamesLLC

i get this error

Code (csharp):
    1. Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  38. SevenBits

SevenBits

Could you perhaps record a tutorial video(s) then? That way I can see for myself.

39. _Slava

_Slava

SevenBits - one user has already some videotutorials done, I hope he will upload them soon - I will post the link here!

Ivampirel - I do not know why. Which country are you from, just interesting...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  40. SevenBits

SevenBits

Paypal, being a US company, unfortunately blocks access to people in some countries whom the US doesn't like.

41. EclipseGamesLLC

EclipseGamesLLC

weird, but paypal worked using the other pay method but not directly. but any who I just bought the engine its pretty good, but one thing i will like to ask is why is there a 10 download limit on there for a year when we are paying $65 for it? is it for the free license you give us or something for the engine? if not I would say to either lower the price if you are going to keep it or get rid of the limit. Just saying but overall big fan of the engine.

42. huang

huang

i use the lastest version 2.2, build to flash got a error. how to fix it, please help me

thanks

43. Venged

Venged

Does this kit work for PC platform also? I assumed it will but since only Android and iOS were mentioned, I thought I should ask before I purchase it.

Thanks,

44. elias_t

elias_t

Yes of course it works on pc/mac. It started as such.

I recomend this package. I am very pleased with it.

45. huang

huang

anybody can tell me , how to fix the error, my version is 2.2, thanks!

46. _Slava

_Slava

huang - Plugins->Locomotion->CharacterControllerScripts. You can try to delete this folder (u.s.e. does not use these scripts). I think it helps

47. huang

huang

some error still there too .please help me ,thanks!

48. huang

huang

_Slava , Please give me some advice,thanks!

49. _Slava

_Slava

I see the compilation errors, but all these errors are not adressed to u.s.e. scripts, so I do not know why.

50. Mainc0de

Mainc0de

Hi _Slava. Great pack! My name is Ivan. I'm newbie developer, (arcade games was my profile) and have some, maybe stupid, qestions about pack. I create new clean project and add your packadge. All layers and tags are tuned as described in readme. Demo scenes work flawlessly without any errors. After that, i import my own animated character on clear scene and set it up by PDF documentation step by step, all looks good exept one thing - when i rotate a camera in play mode, character weapons (from prefab) are rotating, but character arms (and upper body) are not.. All bones are placed as described in PDF... What i do wrong and how I can fix it? Can U please explane character setup system, coz in manual there are phrases like " add the script and set it parameters" and that's all..Thanks and good luck in development!

P.S. I use a TPS control scheme.