Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

unity shadow problem with baked lighting

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Hun0, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Hun0

Hun0

Ok, here is my scene. I enabled mixed lighting(baked lighting, I believe), my floors and walls are static.
    As you see, even though they are same prefabs, floor tiles renders different color. some tiles doesnt even have right shadows. this problem is same even when I disabled baked lighting. Any help please?
    캡처.PNG my scene (you can see the lighting is broken all over the place, shadows not rendering and colors different)

1.PNG my light setting: I enabled bakes lighting, same problem when I disabled it
    2.PNG the floor tile inspector

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Seems to be a clustering issue of sorts. I assume you are using modular meshes in your level, right?

If you don't need realtime GI in your scene, I would suggest disabling that in the lighting settings window. Bake the lighting using the progressive lightmapper and see if the results would look better.

If you'd still find that seams in the separate geometry chunks are causing issues, you'd need to either:
    I hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. uy3d

uy3d

Unity Technologies

Also keep in mind that shadowmasks only support up to 4 intersecting lights. There's a debug visualization mode for the scene view that allows you to verify which lights are actually treated as mixed lights.
    Depending on your build settings you may also hit the max 4 realtime lights per pixel limit.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

But for what pipeline?

5. uy3d

uy3d

Unity Technologies

The light overlap limit applies to all pipelines. The per pixel light settings apply to builtin.

hippocoder likes this.