Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Unity Shader Graph - alpha channel on additive blend

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by GastonZx, Dec 8, 2020.

1. GastonZx

GastonZx

Hi, i'm trying to learn to use shader graph (never used anything like it) so it might be something simple for some of you but i dont quite understand what im doing wrong.
    So the idea is to have a texture with alpha on the additive blend, because from what i read additive is often used to create glows o shiny effects/textures.
    The problem i'm facing is that alpha gets detected but only at 0 or 255 alpha, there is no between, so my effect ends up very ugly looking.
    As you can see in the following images, i have 2 textures, they are the same one, but imported with diferent options for the testing, none of them works this way, but the default particle texture of unity does work, i though it may have something to do with my texture in alpha channel but it seems okay (you can see Alpha channel on the image).
    The texture looks okay on alpha blend but i dont know if i can achieve the effect i want with it. (the glow on texture)

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Try grab alpha channel from sample texture, and see what you get.

3. GastonZx

GastonZx

Nothing changes.

4. lilacsky824

lilacsky824

Talmagett likes this.
  5. GastonZx

GastonZx

Yes that works! Thank you!
    The link you provided have some thing that are a little difficult for me to understand, but at least i got the blend factors and blend types which seems like something very useful to learn.
    Thank you again for the time and response.